Fordmods Logo

FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!! 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Matches are sounding better every day :twisted: :evil: :lol:

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: four wheels and an engine

VIC, Australia

yeah i rekn. gna take pics of burning it too and post em up lol

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

QLD, Australia

I feel for you man. Been there before.. Seen the same frustration and had the same "f**k it.. I'm setting it on fire" conclusion. I don't know if Ryan(67RCE) still posts here .. But if he does he'll back up any claims of me actually saying this exact thing.

In my case it was ignition timing.. which i was positive was going to be the same issue with yours..For like 1 page in before i read that you tried that.

Have you ever thought about maybe getting a 2nd hand motor and doing a transfer? It sounds like overkill but unless you've missed something that's what i would do. Id be absolutely certain all boxes have been checked first though.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Does it still stumble if the HEGO is disconnected?

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford 1997 EL

NSW, Australia

Hi - going through this same (?) issue - kind-of - if I'm reading it rightly.
Have done all you have - pretty much.

Have you checked the hose to the MAP for splits? (I note you replaced in your initial post).

Mine has done it intermittently and now I think about it - after the battery has been disconnected for longer style work....from new and I think they forgot to do a pre- delivery check but like yourself - I'm stumped and I'm pretty handy with this (read OLD - relatively)
This rotten disjointed manual - pockets of info all over the shop. Haven't read a good one yet - even the newer digital formats have suspect search-ability.

Mine always seems to worsen when the battery has been disconnected/connected a few times and as I've done some work on it lately I think it needs this and this applies to all EL series engines:

FOR LOW / raggedy IDLE SPEED - affects acceleration when you put the foot down. Its just too low idle speed.
Apparently, low engine idle speed may occur during vehicle pre-Delivery and most importantly for us when disconnecting battery power from the ECU.
To confirm low idle speed at times Code 411 or 412 would be expected on your Muzza reader but I've learned through work on lots of cars that symptoms shout at you over codes. Codes are just a guide even OBDII. You've spent a lot of time describing it thoroughly.

As you've pulled the motor and done so much work (as mine has had it done also) this may apply:

I plan on the following Process:
1 Run engine until operating temp is reached and t/stat is open
2 The engine should then be idled for approx. 1 minute in each of the following conditions (total idling time approx. 4 minutes).
CONDITION:
1. NEUTRAL with all electrical loads OFF
2. NEUTRAL with A/C ON.
3. DRIVE with all electrical loads OFF.
4. DRIVE with A/C on.

It is important to NOT touch the throttle / accelerator during the adaptive process.
When selecting drive apply both hand and foot brakes.
3. Road test the vehicle and perform another self test to confirm idle speed is within spec.

I have no idea if this will do the trick but have been through all my resources and this has not been detailed as I recall.
Good luck. I hope both ECU's learns a lesson (lol). Maybe worth a try.

Post subject: SOLVED!!! FORD EL hesitation during acceleration (SOLVED)!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Auberon wrote:
Hi - going through this same (?) issue - kind-of - if I'm reading it rightly.
Have done all you have - pretty much.

Have you checked the hose to the MAP for splits? (I note you replaced in your initial post).

Mine has done it intermittently and now I think about it - after the battery has been disconnected for longer style work....from new and I think they forgot to do a pre- delivery check but like yourself - I'm stumped and I'm pretty handy with this (read OLD - relatively)
This rotten disjointed manual - pockets of info all over the shop. Haven't read a good one yet - even the newer digital formats have suspect search-ability.

Mine always seems to worsen when the battery has been disconnected/connected a few times and as I've done some work on it lately I think it needs this and this applies to all EL series engines:

FOR LOW / raggedy IDLE SPEED - affects acceleration when you put the foot down. Its just too low idle speed.
Apparently, low engine idle speed may occur during vehicle pre-Delivery and most importantly for us when disconnecting battery power from the ECU.
To confirm low idle speed at times Code 411 or 412 would be expected on your Muzza reader but I've learned through work on lots of cars that symptoms shout at you over codes. Codes are just a guide even OBDII. You've spent a lot of time describing it thoroughly.

As you've pulled the motor and done so much work (as mine has had it done also) this may apply:

I plan on the following Process:
1 Run engine until operating temp is reached and t/stat is open
2 The engine should then be idled for approx. 1 minute in each of the following conditions (total idling time approx. 4 minutes).
CONDITION:
1. NEUTRAL with all electrical loads OFF
2. NEUTRAL with A/C ON.
3. DRIVE with all electrical loads OFF.
4. DRIVE with A/C on.

It is important to NOT touch the throttle / accelerator during the adaptive process.
When selecting drive apply both hand and foot brakes.
3. Road test the vehicle and perform another self test to confirm idle speed is within spec.

I have no idea if this will do the trick but have been through all my resources and this has not been detailed as I recall.
Good luck. I hope both ECU's learns a lesson (lol). Maybe worth a try.

Hi sir,,

Guess what??

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!! :))

Yay...

I pulled out the dizzy, looked at it and saw it didn't have the "Bosch" label on it. Confirmed that it was a Chinese dizzy. Chucked it out, put in a Genuine original Bosch dizzy, Problem Solved.

f**k made in China stuff. It screws our local economy, local production and even our cars too!

Thanks for your help still, I'm gna do your idle speed calibration test too. :)

Kayihan

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EL hybrid

VIC, Australia

this is what my chinese dizzy did... think the TFI module shorted causing the wires to get super hot and melt and then causing more shorts. car idled funny, stalled, hesitated.

new bosch dizzy now

Attachment:
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG [ 354.14 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG [ 377.33 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG [ 367.8 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Exactly!!!

This should be a wakeup call for Australia to stop bringing in made in China stuff and also stop sending factories overseas. This is just an example of much s**t to come.

This is just a proof of how s**t made in China products are. Seriously I was about to light my baby on fire, and now I'm contemplating on how to say sorrry for my awful plot. (She's taking revenge my keeping the torque converter stuck open)..

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol. Even their women :P

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

This should be a wakeup call for Australia to stop bringing in made in China stuff and also stop sending factories overseas. This is just an example of much s**t to come.

This is just a proof of how s**t made in China products are. Seriously I was about to light my baby on fire, and now I'm contemplating on how to say sorrry for my awful plot. (She's taking revenge my keeping the torque converter stuck open)..

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol.

as IF that will happen mate .... we will go backwards [coz our pollies say we should ;) ] before anyone wakes up to it.

ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

okaaayy :lol:

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol.

as IF that will happen mate .... we will go backwards [coz our pollies say we should ;) ] before anyone wakes up to it.

ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

okaaayy :lol:

what? lol i guess youre not complaining about eating dumplings with cat meat in it? hmm :)

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

[/quote]

okaaayy :lol:[/quote]

what? lol i guess youre not complaining about eating dumplings with cat meat in it? hmm :)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3