Fordmods Logo

FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!! 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 973

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: el wagon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Matches are sounding better every day :twisted: :evil: :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:34 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

yeah i rekn. gna take pics of burning it too and post em up lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:37 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 109

Joined: 17th Feb 2009

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

Location: Crestmead, Brisbane South
QLD, Australia

I feel for you man. Been there before.. Seen the same frustration and had the same "f**k it.. I'm setting it on fire" conclusion. I don't know if Ryan(67RCE) still posts here .. But if he does he'll back up any claims of me actually saying this exact thing.

In my case it was ignition timing.. which i was positive was going to be the same issue with yours..For like 1 page in before i read that you tried that.

Have you ever thought about maybe getting a 2nd hand motor and doing a transfer? It sounds like overkill but unless you've missed something that's what i would do. Id be absolutely certain all boxes have been checked first though.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Does it still stumble if the HEGO is disconnected?

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 4

Joined: 9th May 2011

Ride: Ford 1997 EL

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hi - going through this same (?) issue - kind-of - if I'm reading it rightly.
Have done all you have - pretty much.

Have you checked the hose to the MAP for splits? (I note you replaced in your initial post).

Mine has done it intermittently and now I think about it - after the battery has been disconnected for longer style work....from new and I think they forgot to do a pre- delivery check but like yourself - I'm stumped and I'm pretty handy with this (read OLD - relatively)
This rotten disjointed manual - pockets of info all over the shop. Haven't read a good one yet - even the newer digital formats have suspect search-ability.

Mine always seems to worsen when the battery has been disconnected/connected a few times and as I've done some work on it lately I think it needs this and this applies to all EL series engines:

FOR LOW / raggedy IDLE SPEED - affects acceleration when you put the foot down. Its just too low idle speed.
Apparently, low engine idle speed may occur during vehicle pre-Delivery and most importantly for us when disconnecting battery power from the ECU.
To confirm low idle speed at times Code 411 or 412 would be expected on your Muzza reader but I've learned through work on lots of cars that symptoms shout at you over codes. Codes are just a guide even OBDII. You've spent a lot of time describing it thoroughly.

As you've pulled the motor and done so much work (as mine has had it done also) this may apply:

I plan on the following Process:
1 Run engine until operating temp is reached and t/stat is open
2 The engine should then be idled for approx. 1 minute in each of the following conditions (total idling time approx. 4 minutes).
CONDITION:
1. NEUTRAL with all electrical loads OFF
2. NEUTRAL with A/C ON.
3. DRIVE with all electrical loads OFF.
4. DRIVE with A/C on.

It is important to NOT touch the throttle / accelerator during the adaptive process.
When selecting drive apply both hand and foot brakes.
3. Road test the vehicle and perform another self test to confirm idle speed is within spec.

I have no idea if this will do the trick but have been through all my resources and this has not been detailed as I recall.
Good luck. I hope both ECU's learns a lesson (lol). Maybe worth a try.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: SOLVED!!! FORD EL hesitation during acceleration (SOLVED)!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:01 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

Auberon wrote:
Hi - going through this same (?) issue - kind-of - if I'm reading it rightly.
Have done all you have - pretty much.

Have you checked the hose to the MAP for splits? (I note you replaced in your initial post).

Mine has done it intermittently and now I think about it - after the battery has been disconnected for longer style work....from new and I think they forgot to do a pre- delivery check but like yourself - I'm stumped and I'm pretty handy with this (read OLD - relatively)
This rotten disjointed manual - pockets of info all over the shop. Haven't read a good one yet - even the newer digital formats have suspect search-ability.

Mine always seems to worsen when the battery has been disconnected/connected a few times and as I've done some work on it lately I think it needs this and this applies to all EL series engines:

FOR LOW / raggedy IDLE SPEED - affects acceleration when you put the foot down. Its just too low idle speed.
Apparently, low engine idle speed may occur during vehicle pre-Delivery and most importantly for us when disconnecting battery power from the ECU.
To confirm low idle speed at times Code 411 or 412 would be expected on your Muzza reader but I've learned through work on lots of cars that symptoms shout at you over codes. Codes are just a guide even OBDII. You've spent a lot of time describing it thoroughly.

As you've pulled the motor and done so much work (as mine has had it done also) this may apply:

I plan on the following Process:
1 Run engine until operating temp is reached and t/stat is open
2 The engine should then be idled for approx. 1 minute in each of the following conditions (total idling time approx. 4 minutes).
CONDITION:
1. NEUTRAL with all electrical loads OFF
2. NEUTRAL with A/C ON.
3. DRIVE with all electrical loads OFF.
4. DRIVE with A/C on.

It is important to NOT touch the throttle / accelerator during the adaptive process.
When selecting drive apply both hand and foot brakes.
3. Road test the vehicle and perform another self test to confirm idle speed is within spec.

I have no idea if this will do the trick but have been through all my resources and this has not been detailed as I recall.
Good luck. I hope both ECU's learns a lesson (lol). Maybe worth a try.


Hi sir,,

Guess what??

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!! :))

Yay...

I pulled out the dizzy, looked at it and saw it didn't have the "Bosch" label on it. Confirmed that it was a Chinese dizzy. Chucked it out, put in a Genuine original Bosch dizzy, Problem Solved.

f**k made in China stuff. It screws our local economy, local production and even our cars too!

Thanks for your help still, I'm gna do your idle speed calibration test too. :)

Kayihan
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 8

Joined: 14th Jun 2015

Ride: Ford Falcon EL hybrid

Location: Melb
VIC, Australia

this is what my chinese dizzy did... think the TFI module shorted causing the wires to get super hot and melt and then causing more shorts. car idled funny, stalled, hesitated.

new bosch dizzy now

Attachment:
IMG_3664.JPG
IMG_3664.JPG [ 354.14 KiB | Viewed 53 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3666.JPG
IMG_3666.JPG [ 377.33 KiB | Viewed 57 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_3667.JPG
IMG_3667.JPG [ 367.8 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

Exactly!!!

This should be a wakeup call for Australia to stop bringing in made in China stuff and also stop sending factories overseas. This is just an example of much s**t to come.

This is just a proof of how s**t made in China products are. Seriously I was about to light my baby on fire, and now I'm contemplating on how to say sorrry for my awful plot. (She's taking revenge my keeping the torque converter stuck open)..

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol. Even their women :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

This should be a wakeup call for Australia to stop bringing in made in China stuff and also stop sending factories overseas. This is just an example of much s**t to come.

This is just a proof of how s**t made in China products are. Seriously I was about to light my baby on fire, and now I'm contemplating on how to say sorrry for my awful plot. (She's taking revenge my keeping the torque converter stuck open)..

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol.


as IF that will happen mate .... we will go backwards [coz our pollies say we should ;) ] before anyone wakes up to it.



ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!
I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol. Even their women :P



okaaayy :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!

This should be a wakeup call for Australia to stop bringing in made in China stuff and also stop sending factories overseas. This is just an example of much s**t to come.

This is just a proof of how s**t made in China products are. Seriously I was about to light my baby on fire, and now I'm contemplating on how to say sorrry for my awful plot. (She's taking revenge my keeping the torque converter stuck open)..

I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol.


as IF that will happen mate .... we will go backwards [coz our pollies say we should ;) ] before anyone wakes up to it.



ahmedkayihan wrote:
Exactly!!!
I'm staying away from all things Chinese now Lol. Even their women :P



okaaayy :lol:


what? lol i guess youre not complaining about eating dumplings with cat meat in it? hmm :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FORD EL hesitation during acceleration PLEASE HELP!!!
Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:05 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

[/quote]


okaaayy :lol:[/quote]

what? lol i guess youre not complaining about eating dumplings with cat meat in it? hmm :)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names