Fordmods Logo

FORD i6 VS HOLDEN V6 

Page 4 of 11 [ 159 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: xr8 no.3 Au3 Ute

QLD, Australia

what the f**k u'r problem? isnt this forum for ppl to talk and discuss. even if the topic is pointless to some. if u have a problem stop f**k reading it!

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: xr8 no.3 Au3 Ute

QLD, Australia

and if any1 wants to know. i raced a mates stock vy auto v6 in my stock auto ef i6 and i beat him, even when he got a .5 better launch, i cought and passed him, the times were still pathetic for our cars but meh, 6 years of development for the commodore and it still lost

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Ausman wrote:
and if any1 wants to know. i raced a mates stock vy auto v6 in my stock auto ef i6 and i beat him, even when he got a .5 better launch, i cought and passed him, the times were still pathetic for our cars but meh, 6 years of development for the commodore and it still lost

no way, are you serious??? like you got him even after he got a .5sec hed start far thats skill. good on ya buddy.

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

i drove a mates vt today and really didnt like it.
i dont see how they are quicker off the line my car has so much more power both down low and up high.
they've got a painfully long accelerator pedal which does literally f*ck all until its about 1/4 the way to the floor.
and this has done low kays and is in really good nick too.
go the I6 is all i can say

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 284 rwkw

NSW, Australia

this is an age old war. its always gonna be holden vs ford.

the holdens are generally quicker but i reckon they dont build them properly. Every holden ive owned power steering problem. Every ford ive owned is marginally slower than the holden

XR6 Turbo, 20 inch wheels, citric acid, 300rwkw

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Ford FTW

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

XR6T citric wrote:
this is an age old war. its always gonna be holden vs ford.

the holdens are generally quicker but i reckon they dont build them properly. Every holden ive owned power steering problem. Every ford ive owned is marginally slower than the holden

that is until you got the turbo :wink:

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I dont compare the ford 6 to holden 6, people are mainly doing up there 6's to rape the Gen3 they dont even bother with those clunker V6's

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ausman wrote:
what the f**k u'r problem? isnt this forum for ppl to talk and discuss. even if the topic is pointless to some. if u have a problem stop f**k reading it!

I m interested mate.so screw those C*** who read threads for no reason other then to bag its creator! Holdens are f**k.... a f**k VN will beat a VY EXEC for f**k sake... my manual EB wagon puts vt,vx,vy supercharged autos to shame....dunno bout manual NA V6 though(coz no manual s/c 3.8 v6's), never raced one. Mate the look on the C*** faces when a white old eb wagon, tears past their 30-40k' car- sounding like its gonna launch into the air....dude the look is priceless.....call me a wanker you guys I dont give a rats.....lets face it you C*** do up ya falcs for that exact reason.....

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
Ausman wrote:

I m interested mate.so screw those C*** who read threads for no reason other then to bag its creator! Holdens are f**k.... a f**k VN will beat a VY EXEC for f**k sake... my manual EB wagon puts vt,vx,vy supercharged autos to shame....dunno bout manual NA V6 though(coz no manual s/c 3.8 v6's), never raced one. Mate the look on the C*** faces when a white old eb wagon, tears past their 30-40k' car- sounding like its gonna launch into the air....dude the look is priceless.....call me a wanker you guys I dont give a rats.....lets face it you C*** do up ya falcs for that exact reason.....

lol, no s**t i no the falcons hammer, the holden 6 realy do suck. I believe that you beat all those holdens, my brother has a EB and it hammers

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Yep it's a no brainer this one, Falcon 6 is soo much better in almost very aspect it's beyond a joke. Also a point to note if ya going auto, the Commo has the shorter gearing, but it is a s**t box' in the way it shifts etc. It'll take a few second to kick down when u put the foot down and f**k it's annoying. I drive an EF Mont and the old man has a VU ute, the ute has a tighter body, but the driveline feels like it's from an older car no joke. It has more punch off the line but overall it doesn't have the balls my car has, eg mine hauls hard from idle to cutout where as the ute punches off the line courtesy of the short 1st then there is sweet FA to be had, add to this the worlds dumbsest gearbox and u get the idea why I chose a Falcon. If u want a 6 that will be genuinely quick u can't go wrong with a manual 4 litre Falcon, u can rape any V6 commo in confidence in the traffic light GP.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
after driving a vs commie, a vt commie and a new SV6 and an el falcon, all i can say is its a mixed bag....
the ectoc v6 on the vs and vt commodores wasnt too good, it had a narrower powerband up high in the rev range compared to the I6, and you got the feeling that some of the power had gone AWOL.
The I6 felt like it had its power, even in an auto if you put the foot down it would pull right from the start compared with the commies which wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding until 3000rpm.
However after driving the alloytec190 i can say holden have certainly stepped up the performance of their engines, and whilst i am yet to drive a new falcon i have to say the performance of the SV6 was amazing.
**all of the above cars were auto**

sv6 amazing geezus skidder........is this holdon forums??? Even my old eb (manual)has put sv6's to shame, and Im serious..autos though, dunno bout manuals...

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Rmyers wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
The point im eluding to is...

Who has the better base to start from. If you put extractors etc on a VS V6 will it still beat the i6 with the same mods done.

Who has the better base to start from. If one is better than the other, probably better if we pack up our bags and jump ship.

Im a falcon man but you gotta face the facts, are we better or not?

Now who has been filling your head with these "facts" that the v6 is superior to the inline six ;)

OK here are the facts:

fantastic sumup....couldnt have said it better myself...

Auto i6 vs auto v6 = V6 will win

Manual i6 vs manual v6 = i6 will win (plus kick the auto commies a*** aswell)

Now the reason for this is that the holden auto's have a very short first gear, meaning they were quite quick on takeoff, wereas the fords have quite a tall first gear which improves drivability but you lose some accelaration down low. Now the reason a manual i6 is usually quicker than a manual v6 is simple, they have more power. They also respond better to modification, which (answering your origional question) makes them the "better" base.

Show me one holden v6 that puts out over 170rwkw, i can name a fair few ford 6's that are making this much and more. Show me one holden commodore v6 that can pull under 13.5 down the quarter. The fastest i've heard of is 13.7, yet the fastest falcon i6 is knockin on the 12's door.

Also have a look at the holden forums such as justcommodores.com or streetcommodores.com and search for power figures and quarter mile times that the v6's boast, i gaurantee that the average power of the v6's will be considerably less and that the average quarter mile time will be slower than our inline 6's.

Facts are that the i6's have outpowered almost every holden v6 of it's corresponding year...eg
VN = 125kw
EA = 139kw

Another example is that quarter ile time for the EA spak was pretty close to the holden SS manual of the same year, 15.7 and 15.2 respectively, and being that the ss was about 120kg lighter PLUS the fact that it was an 8 compared to a 6, that shows the ford 6 is certainly not lacking in any respect.

Stick to the i6's, as has been said, there is NO question as to which one is superior.....

EF Ghia 5L V8

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
Ausman wrote:

no way, are you serious??? like you got him even after he got a .5sec hed start far thats skill. good on ya buddy.

f**k oath he is serious. the vy did a 16.7 or something woeful.

a manual v6 commonwhore ute was only just running 16.2's which is funny as haha..
i tell them about my car, with its granddad spec sun hat and rear louvre hehe and its got 361,000km on it and it ran 15.5
open centre diff etc.

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Quote:
178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph

^^^ are these mockawatts???

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 11  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next