Fordmods Logo

GEARBOX COMPATIBILITY 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: GEARBOX COMPATIBILITY
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

:? Info needed urgently. My gearbox from a 1997 GLI (EF-series) packed up. Got a box from a 2000 model, series unknown. Marking on '97 box is 912 1, 0593 ISSUE. Markings on 2000 box is 910-H, 0593 ISSUE. Are the two boxes inter-changeable? Fitted 2000 box, but gears seem to be all mixed up, cannot get reverse, only forward gears even in reverse gear position. Help/info appreciated

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42884

I'm assuming the 2000 box is an AU one. I'm also assuming ford exported the same BTR boxes to SA we use here in Oz.
Have you adjusted the selector linkage at the g/box end ? - IIRC you need to insert a drillbit in the selector lever on the g/box to align it before adjusting the T bar linkage.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

snap0964 wrote:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42884

I'm assuming the 2000 box is an AU one. I'm also assuming ford exported the same BTR boxes to SA we use here in Oz.
Have you adjusted the selector linkage at the g/box end ? - IIRC you need to insert a drillbit in the selector lever on the g/box to align it before adjusting the T bar linkage.
Checked alignment on g/box end with selector positions from 1st through to Park before connecting lever arm. All OK

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]