Fordmods Logo

Genie headers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust on XF ......power gains 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Genie headers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust on XF ......power gains
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf s packute, zh fairlane

NSW, Australia

Just thought I would share this with you.....have a 1992 xf spackute.....croosflow, 400,000 plus km's...decided to chase an exhaust to get a bit better fuel economy, found a set of Genie extractors...the ones with the long secondary pipes, and a 2/1/2 mandrel bent exhauts....paid $70 plus bucks on ebay.....

anyway fitted it and what a difference it makes over the stock manifold and exhaust....the thing is an auto and I thought before the exhaust, a bit of a slug.....now it actually gets up and boogies...

Have no idea what sort of power gains but the seat of the pants gains feel huge....and I run 40 w 70 oil because at hotter temps the oil pressure drops....

If I ran 10 w 30, or a 10 w 40 I suspect it would make a bigger difference, anyway also run 98 optimax all the time.

Have no idea of power gains, maybe you guys do......but well and truly worth it and in fact my old 72 year old Mum has an 89 xf ute......I have another set of genies to put on that...just have to decided on the exhaust for her ute!

Cheers
Anthony

Post subject: Re: Genie headers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust on XF ......power gains
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I have wanted to reply to this thread for ages but was to shy haha

That is awesome the genies made a difference i have a set on my EA yet to drive it

Just curious is it 3 speed ?

Also with the oil i would rather be going a 20/50 or 15/40 you don't want something to thin as it may leak / blow smoke

Regarding the oil pressure

you wrote

Have no idea what sort of power gains but the seat of the pants gains feel huge....and I run 40 w 70 oil because at hotter temps the oil pressure drops

doesn't matter either way if it has a oil pressure guage get a new oil pressure sensor if not then a switch it may just be a "buggered" sensor/switch showing low oil pressure

Post subject: Re: Genie headers and 2 1/2 inch exhaust on XF ......power gains
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf s packute, zh fairlane

NSW, Australia

Hello mate,

I thought that it may be the oil pressure guage, it is the digital ghia dash...it has a new sender..but I should put in a proper gauge....I have one....

As for the genies, yes, works well, three speed auto.......it has made a big difference....it is no longer a slug, but it has a 2 1/2 inch exhaust with hi flow cat....and has plenty of back pressure.

I think for an xf crossflow it goes well...on an EA 3.9 multipoint the extractors and exhaust would make a difference no doubt.

I did run a 10 w 30...made a huge difference to fuel and the way the engine spun (it revved so much easier).....but at that stage had a rear main seal leak (which has now been fixed).

Thanks for the reply mate

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]