Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Also noticed $1900 for to retune the ECU :P

I can have a good laugh about it, but really they can charge whatever they like cant they. Some of us think its expensive and wouldnt bother, others dont want to be bothered and would rather hand over a check and let someone else worry about it. When you look around its the JMM dev cars that are getting the track times and I strongly believe this is because the performance upgrades they do are work together. How many package deals are there out there? look at some of the posts in the I6 section and you can see people making bad decisions all the time. Basically they use good parts in poor combinations and never see the full potential of the engine.

Im just saying that JMM might not be a great value for money deal, but some people could do a lot worse!

Maybe someone with some time on their hands can scan though the 3.9L/4.0L Inline 6 Modification Guide and come up with some combinations that work, contact the manufacturers, get some prices, and put together some fordmods 'dev' packages. Should be able to get a good range of combinations as we are not limited to a particular manufacturer.

Well said

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Also noticed $1900 for to retune the ECU :P

Part of the JMM $1900 tune is disconnecting the knock sensor to give you a maximium dyno reading on paper without timing retard, bloody retards!

"ITS" do a full performance rebuild, ground up. Alted as well. best way to squeeze more Kw out of a motor is a shop with a engine dyno, test different part combinations. just imagine archiving 290 or 300kw at the fly. minus 31% lost once its in the car. it'll probably give a true indication of the lost if you roller dyno it.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I just like to install the mods myself.. so I rarely go to any mechanic or shop to do it for me. Labour is in excess of $60/hr these days.. and i'm sorry.. but stuff that. I don't mind spending a couple of hours after work or a sunday morning doing some work on the car to save me a s**t load of money.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

AdamN wrote:
I just like to install the mods myself.. so I rarely go to any mechanic or shop to do it for me. Labour is in excess of $60/hr these days.. and i'm sorry.. but stuff that. I don't mind spending a couple of hours after work or a sunday morning doing some work on the car to save me a s**t load of money.

laybour is close to $100/hr because we also need to live

Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
AdamN wrote:

laybour is close to $100/hr because we also need to live

Who said that thing about pushrod operation? :lol:

Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

plus they dyno there cars in second to read out higher numbers

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3