Fordmods Logo

Hanging Revs 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3083

Joined: 22nd Sep 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i have the same problem

i DONT have an isc on my motor.

the problem for me is the throttle spring wont return the butterfly to idle position properly (leaves its patrialy open). get someone to rev the motor from the pedal, and check if the butterfly returns to normal, or do you need to use your hand to make it go back?

culd be your problem

 

_________________

Image
latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

yeh same thing with my mums telstar... the throttle spring leaves the butterfly slightly open
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1442

Joined: 26th Apr 2006

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

Location: liverpool
NSW, Australia

id say he stock ecu cant take the cam.
had the same prob with mine, had to disconect the isc, bump up the base idle and had to modify the throttle position sensor on the front side of the throttle body by elongating the holes in the plastic housing. that allowed me to rotate and adjust it to change the base reading...

 

_________________

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 416

Joined: 7th Apr 2006

Ride: ea falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

rushed wrote:
i have the same problem

i DONT have an isc on my motor.

the problem for me is the throttle spring wont return the butterfly to idle position properly (leaves its patrialy open). get someone to rev the motor from the pedal, and check if the butterfly returns to normal, or do you need to use your hand to make it go back?

culd be your problem


Checked that and it aint a problem, comes close though.

 

_________________

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 416

Joined: 7th Apr 2006

Ride: ea falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

FAST-XR wrote:
id say he stock ecu cant take the cam.
had the same prob with mine, had to disconect the isc, bump up the base idle and had to modify the throttle position sensor on the front side of the throttle body by elongating the holes in the plastic housing. that allowed me to rotate and adjust it to change the base reading...


Can you give some more detail? As ive messed with the TPS and not made a difference but whats this about thge holes in plastic?

 

_________________

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:15 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 76

Joined: 1st Oct 2005

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

The other question is have you disconnected the battery recently..If so you may need to reset the base idle.Look in a workshop manual as to how to do this on an ea.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 416

Joined: 7th Apr 2006

Ride: ea falcon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Nah, its all sweet! seriously running out of things it could be! f**k car!

 

_________________

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:15 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1442

Joined: 26th Apr 2006

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

Location: liverpool
NSW, Australia

RuchEa
Quote:
Can you give some more detail? As ive messed with the TPS and not made a difference but whats this about thge holes in plastic?


ok. your tps is screwed to the throttle body with 2 screws, if you unscrew them u will see that there are metal sleeves which are a tight fit with the screws that have been overmoulded so the tps doesnt swivel or move about. now drill out these sleeves and enlarge the holes so now the tps will be able to turn a little with the clearances you have now made around the screws.playing with that setting and the base idle screw you should be able to find some sort of happy medium. and solve the hanging revs...
hope that helps...

 

_________________

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:41 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names