Fordmods Logo

Have u heard of Firestorm Sparkies?!?! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I relise it's not in there best interest to make soemthing that doesn't need replacing. but everything wears out eventually. they could also charge a premium (huge one) to compensate on that, with sales of new cars there always going to be selling them. it's like with iridiujms, last 100,000km's, but often break before then and there bloody expensive, so they make up for the fact that there not sold in huge numbers like normal ones.

what i was actually refering to though was (to be honest i hadn't though about the long life thing), the fact that this mob reckon they produce a plug that burns 100%, but NGK, Bosch, what not havn't!

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

id wager that it isnt possible to burn 100% of the 'fuel' in the combustion process simply for the reason that the pertrol that we buy isn't a pure substance, you've gotta account for all the additives and filler that is in it.

Even if these sparkies were able to combust nearly 100% it

a) would not be able to do so over a long peiod of time, anything that bears weight, transmits force or conducts electricity will fatigue, period.

b) As alluded to, it doesn't make much economic sense

I wish that they existed tho!

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
I relise it's not in there best interest to make soemthing that doesn't need replacing. but everything wears out eventually. they could also charge a premium (huge one) to compensate on that, with sales of new cars there always going to be selling them. it's like with iridiujms, last 100,000km's, but often break before then and there bloody expensive, so they make up for the fact that there not sold in huge numbers like normal ones.

Thats a good point too.
But even if they don't do that and and just do it for one off.
Consider my hypo math.

50,000,000 cars worldwide times $100 plugs each = $600 for I6's alone.

50,000,000 x 600 = $30,000,000,000

Jees, how much for the patent on these things.... 8-)

Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:

K&N do a fairly good job of supplying something that does not need replacing, as opposed to a standard one that does, at a premium price. Just an example to prove twr7cx's point somewhat.

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2