Fordmods Logo

head and cam comparison 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: head and cam comparison
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

I've had a search around but can't find what I'm looking for.
87DA head vs 94DA head
87DA cam vs 91DA cam
What's better and why?
The 87DA bits are currently on my car and I was recently given the newer head and cam.
I have found that the 94DA head has the biggest valves but not the best flow. What pros and cons does this head have compared to my 87DA?
Which cam is better and why?
I'm thinking of getting the 94DA head ported and polished with new valves and possibly springs (it has double valve springs). I have measured the newer head and have found that it's 106mm thick (a post i found on here suggests that 106mm is the standard thickness) which tells me it's never come off before.
The newer head came off my mates Ute which he is the second owner of and his Ute has 170k km on it.
He swapped the head over for a 94DT which he had ported, polished, skimmed and he changed over the cam for a stage 1 crowcam.
Thanks for reading and I hope to get a reply.

Post subject: Re: head and cam comparison
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

90na2 wrote:
I've had a search around but can't find what I'm looking for.
87DA head vs 94DA head
87DA cam vs 91DA cam
What's better and why?
The 87DA bits are currently on my car and I was recently given the newer head and cam.
I have found that the 94DA head has the biggest valves but not the best flow. What pros and cons does this head have compared to my 87DA?
Which cam is better and why?
I'm thinking of getting the 94DA head ported and polished with new valves and possibly springs (it has double valve springs). I have measured the newer head and have found that it's 106mm thick (a post i found on here suggests that 106mm is the standard thickness) which tells me it's never come off before.
The newer head came off my mates Ute which he is the second owner of and his Ute has 170k km on it.
He swapped the head over for a 94DT which he had ported, polished, skimmed and he changed over the cam for a stage 1 crowcam.
Thanks for reading and I hope to get a reply.

If your going to the trouble of getting a P&P job done on the head, then buy a cam for it.....don't stuff around with standard sh!t if you want results......simple, really.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Post subject: Re: head and cam comparison
Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

TAS, Australia

I've been told of a place in Brisbane that does really good regrinds but I'm thinking of just getting a crowcam.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]