Fordmods Logo

head bolts which sould I use ACL OR NASON ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: head bolts which sould I use ACL OR NASON ?
Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hello this my first time on fordmods,my qustions are in relation to EF-XR6,I have just had the head done and have been sorting out head gaskets,did want to use the AU gasket,but lacking funds at the moment due to cost of head,so I have bought a ACL gasket kit and a Nason timing kit,but I also have some Nason head bolts,does anyone know which bolt would b,e better,also how much of a difference will it be between the au multi layer and the ACL graphite gaskets,also would there be any point in changing the timing chain,do they tend to stretch?,Any help at all would greatly appreciated,ta,johnnyehcf.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Post subject: Re: head bolts which sould I use ACL OR NASON ?
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: el fairmont

QLD, Australia

Nason head bolts are perfectly fine & there is nothing wrong with the graphite head gasket,i have heard the au one is the best but i have never had any issues withe the graphite one ,just make sure the block is very clean ,wipe with white cloth & solvent until the cloth shows no blackness .
with the timing chain ,look at the chain guides for signs of wear ,if they are through to the metal replace chain & guides .ps it is much easier to replace the chain with the head off as you don't need to drop the sump ,but you need to remove the radiator to get the harmonic balancer off .& one of the biggest causes of oil leaks on the 4.0 6 is the front timing cover gasket & crank seal .good luck :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]