Fordmods Logo

Heat Exchanger on 2012 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Ltd Ed Turbo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Heat Exchanger on 2012 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Ltd Ed Turbo
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2012 Ford Falcon FG Ltd Ed Turbo

QLD, Australia

I own a 2012 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Ltd Ed Turbo. Just coming up to the 105,000 km service. I need new diff bushes which I knew when I bought it would probably happen.

I have never had to many major problems. Window washer spray nozzles needed replacement, front lights are crap and the interior windows have problems going down in crazy summer heat.

My concern is last service the service manager said to me it would hurt to replace the heat exchanger next service as a preventative measure.

When I rang Ford to book in this service in a few weeks the lady seemed confused at what I wanted. Apparently there may be two? She didn't know which one?

I have done some searches online and seem to see a bit about it affecting the transmission???

Any help is appreciated on 1) is it worth it or more money grabbing by the dealers and 2) what is the exact name?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Heat Exchanger on 2012 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Ltd Ed Turbo
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It is called an Oil Cooler for your transmission. They are an issue with BF, FG (all) and more than likely would never be rectified. Part Number 8R2Z 7A095CD at a cost of $280.00 approx from a Ford dealer.
AN After market cooler would be better but, I guess it could get more expensive as the lines would more than likely have to be replaced?

Part number 7A095 marked.
Attachment:
Oil.Cooler.jpg

From this site you can buy a hose to bypass the the Oil Cooler so you can add an after market one.
By Pass Hose

By Pass Hose

And this Kit to add an external Oil Cooler;
Oil Cooler Kit

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Okay so this is a good idea for simple prevention measures at 105,000 kms? Worth spending the money to prevent the issues of the transmission?

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

Fit an air to oil trans cooler and remover the heat exchanger altogether.
Ford heat exchangers have rubbish quality control,some last forever some last 6000km,my friends fg super pursuit zf trans grenaded after 6000km from a milkshake.
Better not to have any chance to mix coolant and trans fluid,the zf costs at least 5-6 g to rebuild...

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
Fit an air to oil trans cooler and remover the heat exchanger altogether.

I assume Ford don't do this? I have a warranty thing going on the brakes at the moment and a little nervous on going elsewhere after market.

Any recommended places to go to get this done? I love on the Gold Coast.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

No ford wont do it,if its under warranty still then you have no choice but to just replace the heat exchanger.
Any transmission repair place could quite easily fit an air to oil trans cooler.
After 100 odd thousand ks your zf oil is totally stuffed too so id look to get it serviced before you get issues.
My g6et trans oil was jet black at 100000km when I got it serviced,despite what ford say they are not sealed for life that is total bs,my trans guy recommended every 40000km.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
No ford wont do it,if its under warranty still then you have no choice but to just replace the heat exchanger.
Any transmission repair place could quite easily fit an air to oil trans cooler.
After 100 odd thousand ks your zf oil is totally stuffed too so id look to get it serviced before you get issues.
My g6et trans oil was jet black at 100000km when I got it serviced,despite what ford say they are not sealed for life that is total bs,my trans guy recommended every 40000km.

Not JUST the 6 speed either, it goes for the 4 and 5 speed autos. Ford is kidding themselves and others that the oil doesn't need to be changed for life????

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]