Fordmods Logo

heat wrap on Extractors ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yer dont use the s**t, it doesnt weaken the pipes but because of the extra temps in the pipes the expantion rate is greater and because the welds are thicker than the pipes there expantion rates are diffrent after time this causes the welds to crack, the heat blankets are better.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

a little while back i was thinking of making a cold air intake to direct cool air on to the manifold, the biggest problem i think is hot air rises as we all know, so why are all the "heat=powerloss" bits allways at the top of the motor, i notice the kw gain on cold nights and wished my car would go that hard all the time, so if ya end up makin somethin up i suggest that making sure it can breath and flow air to stop the heat build up

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fastleno wrote:
a little while back i was thinking of making a cold air intake to direct cool air on to the manifold, the biggest problem i think is hot air rises as we all know, so why are all the "heat=powerloss" bits allways at the top of the motor, i notice the kw gain on cold nights and wished my car would go that hard all the time, so if ya end up makin somethin up i suggest that making sure it can breath and flow air to stop the heat build up
I discarded the rubber seal in front of the bonnet to let cold air in. except around the snorkel.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2