Fordmods Logo

HELP! need to find a 3 inch pathway in my engine bay 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: HELP! need to find a 3 inch pathway in my engine bay
Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA 5 speed

NSW, Australia

I have an EA MPFI, and I have now got the ef/el airbox (bigger so it can fit a pod).

Now I also have this nice flexible 3inch pipe that i am going to use to get even more air in (cut a hole in the airbox, attatch the pipe, and that way it directs the air in).

Thing is after removing the EA box and dummy fitting the EF/EL one, I cannot find a safe route to run the piping. It hits the timing belt on the engine. I was thinking about removing the grill and running it through there but the radiator is in the way.

The only solution I can see is to install twin thermos thereby removing the clutch fan and moulding, giving me more room to work with.

Any ideas? Do I need to wrap the piping with heat tape - I know the exhaust side gets hot, what about the intake side of the engine where it will be running?

the rearing serpent sports in the mists
the flying dragon rides on the clouds
but when the clouds are gone
and the mists have cleared
they are no different from earthworms

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

unfortunately the log manifold on the MPFI EA has its intake right near the airbox instead of on top for the EF/EL... that means it really isn't a good swap in without the EL intake manifold going with it. About the only thing I can think of offhand to try is putting the air box in backwards, that will at least get you closer.

Oh, and I fitted a full size pod into my ED airbox.. I grafted the top of the airbox to the bottom of a battery box.. worked great much bigger inside, looks factory and I have a big pod in it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]