Fordmods Logo

Help needed, thinking about rewiring my car 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Help needed, thinking about rewiring my car
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 183

Joined: 22nd Feb 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: XW

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Im think about rewiring my one of my cars soon, and rebuilding it to have a bit more go.

Its a EB series 2, and at the moment it has a EF Fairmont Ghia loom, eng to tail... i think :?

What i need to know is what is compatable.

Car is runnin a EL ECU

The wiring in the engine bay looks like s**t, so thats gotta go.
Can i use any EF or EL engine bay looms?
And will they plug straigh into my Dash and body looms?

I have a NL Fairlane instrument cluster that i would want to keep... well if its a b**ch ill ditch it. And thats the reason why i need to keep the current dash loom, or perhaops change it to El/NL if i get a EL/NL engine bay loom.


So will a EL engine bay loom plug into a EF Ghia dash loom?
Or should i stick with EF (Im assuming there is slight differences as they run differnt dizzy coil or what ever the f**k it is)

And will i be able to leave the body loom as is?

If I were to do this, Id be looking at runnin a aftermarket Eng Management system to, so have to make sure its all compatable.

But if its too much of a bitvh, il sell it and get another car :)
Reason why Im thinking about keeping it atm is becasue it has El dash and EF interior, which i like

 

_________________

Im gunna finger bang bang your mumma too

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Help needed, thinking about rewiring my car
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:47 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

Jase wrote:
I have a NL Fairlane instrument cluster that i would want to keep... well if its a b**ch ill ditch it. And thats the reason why i need to keep the current dash loom, or perhaops change it to El/NL if i get a EL/NL engine bay loom.


hehe if you're ripping the s**t through the car, then i'll grab that cluster if ya still wanna sell it, and organise another one to chuck into yours :wink:

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 183

Joined: 22nd Feb 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: XW

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Yeah, you got first dibs o ugly one.

Gotta decide what i wanna do, ppl are ring n asking if its still for sale...

 

_________________

Im gunna finger bang bang your mumma too

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:57 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5858

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

Location: Leederville
WA, Australia

Jase wrote:
Yeah, you got first dibs o ugly one.

Gotta decide what i wanna do, ppl are ring n asking if its still for sale...


:lol: F**k thats a pisser - its practically a shell at the moment! :D

why not just keep it? sell the V8 and throw that into the EB! you could get it running pretty sweet with that $$$, plus you'd be able to start from scratch & build it yourself, like you wanted to...

 

_________________

R.I.P. Scotty

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 183

Joined: 22nd Feb 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: XW

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
Jase wrote:
Yeah, you got first dibs o ugly one.

Gotta decide what i wanna do, ppl are ring n asking if its still for sale...


:lol: F**k thats a pisser - its practically a shell at the moment! :D

why not just keep it? sell the V8 and throw that into the EB! you could get it running pretty sweet with that $$$, plus you'd be able to start from scratch & build it yourself, like you wanted to...


Yeah thats what Im thinking.

Ill redo the interior all black while Im at it.

Ive got a ED engine with lil bit of head work sitting there aswell, have custome bell housing lined up so i can run a C4, know someone who is trying to offload their tubo gear, know a few ppl who can fit it and tune it.... just gotta make up my minde :D

 

_________________

Im gunna finger bang bang your mumma too

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DStirrup and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names