HM headers or Pacemaker extractors? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

camerooch wrote:
LG wrote:
Pacies aren't SS. HM Headers, have an average gain of around 10rwkw. Not too shabby ;)

HSV & Tickford used their extractors, so they must be up there!

Apparently they are doing all the headers for the VE HSV range at the moment.
I guess if large companies like HSV are using them their gear must be pretty damn good ?!

Or giving them a good deal on price ;)

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i had standard ea with hm headers ss extractors,ss hi flow cat and 2 1/2cat back,with resonator in tail pipe,very quiet...my el xr6 standard except genie extractors,some kind of cat,2 1/2 cat back with hotdog in tail pipe...sounded cool,but the ea had,or at least felt like it had heaps more torque,i now have the complete hm headers exhaust on the xr6 and it feels much more responsive.
i personally havent used pacemakers but i dont think i'll ever use anything but hm headers,they seem really good,and i would reccomend them...and i got a bargain price...$800 for brand new complete system lol

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:35 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Whilst we're on the topic of headers, I'm about a half-a-click away from buying some Jet-Hot headers (JHD72). Has anyone ever used these before ?

You can read about them here:
www.jet-hot.com.au

(I've just got one small power steering problem to overcome, otherwise I might buy 'em on Monday/Tuesday).

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:50 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hmmm i could probably try and see if i can get the HM headers for cheap for my EL.......and if i can't ill just stick with 4480 pacies.

cheers everyone.

and tfindlay.....i just skimmed through the website and to my understanding it would just be HM headers/pacies/genie extractors with their coating on top.....now they say its a ceramic coating so im guessing the extractors should run better due to it being more resistant to heat compared to heat resistant paint. but for the extra 100 or so that ur paying....dunno if its worth it?

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
hmmm i could probably try and see if i can get the HM headers for cheap for my EL.......and if i can't ill just stick with 4480 pacies.

cheers everyone.

and tfindlay.....i just skimmed through the website and to my understanding it would just be HM headers/pacies/genie extractors with their coating on top.....now they say its a ceramic coating so im guessing the extractors should run better due to it being more resistant to heat compared to heat resistant paint. but for the extra 100 or so that ur paying....dunno if its worth it?

If ya wanting to save some money.....have you considered organising a non-profit group buy...i know id be 99% in on some 4480's....

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Thats a good point about the Jet-HOT headers, I thought the same thing when I read about them, but when I re-read it, it was phrased:
"JET-HOT DIRECT Premium Quality Headers are <b>made</b> from High Quality Tube and Leak Tested before...."

Which to me sounds like they are specially made, and the statements about HM/Pacies/Genie's simply indicates that they ALSO supply these brands, and may even give these more common brands their special coating also.

Dont know if it's worth it, your quite right in suggesting it would be a gamble. The coating could just be a gimmic. But I think I'm game enough to give it a stab anyhow. Gimmie a couple of weeks and I'll let you know.

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:25 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

sweet tfindlay...if all goes well let us all know =D

and Big Kev....i would want to but to be honest i dunno where to begin. and with uni i don't really get time to. If someone out there has time to do so i wouldn't mind being on the list =D

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: the man too see
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ed 6

VIC, Australia

Go and see chris at dandy autobarn and treat him like a mate and he'll look after you does with me and mates me mate got pacies for his holden 308 for 450 thats 300 off f^&$en cheap he is a idiot geek looking guy though but you have to treat him like a mate

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2