Fordmods Logo

how do you retart timing on ef falcon???? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: how do you retart timing on ef falcon????
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

hey guys

i had my timming cover off and replaced timming chain and tesioner and lifter and i did a cylinder head 2 weeks before and had a problem with fluxuating idle and stalling. the reason i took timming cover off to check timming r&r a few bits down there. when i started the car up after hoping it had fixed the fluxuating idle which it did i now have the problem with my ignition timming to far advance. when i bridge the pin A and pin B and start car up in diag mode it ment to return to 0deg + or - 2deg and it just way to far advance see pic.

what could be causing this?

i removed the cam angle sensor with drill bit in the side of cam angle sensor and refitted with engine on tdc and i still give the advance timming.

also when it idling you can here and see the engine advance and knocks and back it off and trys again every few seconds.

Attachments:
DSC02459 (Medium).JPG
DSC02459 (Medium).JPG [ 20.97 KiB | Viewed 1116 times ]

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Futura Wagon

QLD, Australia

More than likely the outer ring of the pulley has slipped. Very common. Mine has slipped to about twice the extent of yours. To remark a true TDC get the engine close to TDC and pull out the plug on number one. Insert a screw driver down the plug hole, not too far, enough so that the piston will touch the screw driver at some point. Rotate the engine by hand until the piston just touches the screw driver. Mark the pulley. Now go past TDC a bit and re insert screw driver and rotate the engine backwards just until the piston touches the screw driver. Mark the pulley. True TDC is the middle of these two marks. There are other methods that do not involve rotating the engine backwards just a bit but this the easiest for one person to do.

cheers
Scott

If it doesn't fit, jam it. If that doesn't work use a hammer. - Engineers Motto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]