Fordmods Logo

How much power do you reckon? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 225

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

How much power do you reckon my car would make with these mods?

Car 97 EL XR6

Snort performnce Stage 3 kit
Bigger injectors
Bosch 044 pump
Mild to Meduim Cam
2.5 or 3in exhaust system
Hi flow Cat

I know this is quite vague, but can anyone give me a ball park figure along with some 1/4 mile times or 0-100 times.

Cheers
Pete
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

how are you going to tune it? how much boost? what ecu? there are too many variables here.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:54 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 225

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Dyno tuning
say 7psi
dont know what ecu
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

There are still WAY too many variables. Also, no guess can be accurate, I'll give you a range of between 150rwkw and 660rwkw. It should be somewhere within that range. I say that range, as HiBoost made 660rwkw, and 150rwkw or less and I'd rather stay N/A!

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:18 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

plper1 wrote:
Hey guys,

How much power do you reckon my car would make with these mods?

Car 97 EL XR6

Snort performnce Stage 3 kit
Bigger injectors
Bosch 044 pump
Mild to Meduim Cam
2.5 or 3in exhaust system
Hi flow Cat

I know this is quite vague, but can anyone give me a ball park figure along with some 1/4 mile times or 0-100 times.

Cheers
Pete


i would say with the mods you have listed 200-250rwkw is a realistic goal to start with..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 225

Joined: 29th Jul 2007

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

67RCE:
Cheers man, at least I know an upper and lower limit. and yeah with 150rwkW i will stay N/A


TROYMAN:
Yeah that was the kind of powere range that I was hoping for.

You guys got any suggestions where I should tune my car, I am in the sth east side of melbourne. And do you have any suggestions as to what ECU

Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 225

Joined: 16th May 2010

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

Location: Toorak
VIC, Australia

I've heard good things about Police ECU's but i wouldn't know where to get 1 from, as im looking at getting 1 also.

I've been told you shift to 4th at around 80kph

but can some1 say what it does performance wise???

 

_________________

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:29 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 274

Joined: 21st May 2007

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ea BRock b8

Power: 217 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

mr cve OF Cve performance does -
J3 chip
He also does wolf and few others.
Alot of e series turbos are being tuned by him these days .

 

_________________

YEAH ITS A BROCK, AND YEAH HE DID DRIVE A FORD

FORD MAN TILL THE DAY I DIE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 1833

Joined: 3rd May 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Quote:
I've heard good things about Police ECU's but i wouldn't know where to get 1 from, as im looking at getting 1 also.

I've been told you shift to 4th at around 80kph

but can some1 say what it does performance wise??



...wtf? skattered much ?

and plper1 i reckon about 3.5 million....

 

_________________

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:44 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 326

Joined: 12th Jun 2010

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

After tuning it, retuning it, dyno it and retuning it some more you would have come out ahead if you were too buy a stock BA XR6 Turbo for $10-13g private sale..

cheers and have a nice day..........

 

_________________

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 123

Joined: 3rd Nov 2009

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG G6E TURBO

Power: 285 rwkw

Location: Frankston
VIC, Australia

hi 7psi will get u about 180 to 210 rwkw with stockish motor and chip
my motor made 190 rwkw @7psi with log manifold old t04e turbo (tuned by wolf 3d)
on the other end of the scale it now makes 230+ rwkw on 7 psi with stage 5 snort manifold and gt3582r turbo
but my motors not stock like yours so i guess u would make about 190rwkw like i used to. that should be good for mid 14 manual low 14 or even a high 13 with auto
hey u wont know till u build it and get it all tuned, that,s half the fun, doing all the hard work ,running her up on the rollers to see what she makes
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much power do you reckon?
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

PSI Taxi wrote:
hi 7psi will get u about 180 to 210 rwkw with stockish motor and chip
my motor made 190 rwkw @7psi with log manifold old t04e turbo (tuned by wolf 3d)
on the other end of the scale it now makes 230+ rwkw on 7 psi with stage 5 snort manifold and gt3582r turbo
but my motors not stock like yours so i guess u would make about 190rwkw like i used to. that should be good for mid 14 manual low 14 or even a high 13 with auto
hey u wont know till u build it and get it all tuned, that,s half the fun, doing all the hard work ,running her up on the rollers to see what she makes

190rwkw in an E Series is 13 second material.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:56 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names