Fordmods Logo

how to raise compression??? 

Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: how to raise compression???
Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

take it down the track. Enought talking about 5/10/15/20 kw gains

i/everyone here has been f**k around with RWKW figures long enough to know that when it comes to putting the "so called" power to the ground its a WHOLE different scenario

one car with a 170rwkw can pull a high 15 on a good day, whereas another 170rwkw car will pull a high 13 on a good day.... power figures are all rubbish

it makes my head spin when people fight over n/a dyno results...... the real results are when they go to the track and show what the car does.... not some fudged up s**t by the dyno operator because they want you to justify where all your money has gone

or when some knob boast how a pod filter, or exhaust change gave him 30rwkw and all the proof is in the dyno sheet.... no offence to you paulos, just letting you know the power figures are all s**t, the real test is on the track...... it might take you a few goes with each setup to produce the ideal results

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
take it down the track. Enought talking about 5/10/15/20 kw gains

i/everyone here has been f**k around with RWKW figures long enough to know that when it comes to putting the "so called" power to the ground its a WHOLE different scenario

one car with a 170rwkw can pull a high 15 on a good day, whereas another 170rwkw car will pull a high 13 on a good day.... power figures are all rubbish

it makes my head spin when people fight over n/a dyno results...... the real results are when they go to the track and show what the car does.... not some fudged up s**t by the dyno operator because they want you to justify where all your money has gone

or when some knob boast how a pod filter, or exhaust change gave him 30rwkw and all the proof is in the dyno sheet.... no offence to you paulos, just letting you know the power figures are all s**t, the real test is on the track...... it might take you a few goes with each setup to produce the ideal results

If we had a drag strip here........

Member Number 8804

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

none taken
i know dyno figures are diffrent to how the car actualy drives n s**t
im not really to fussed on what my car dyno figures are i more so when i see each part being put in and see on the dyno sheet the change i wonna be able to feel the change.

hard to explain but basically im used to my cars power now while it does go well i would say i want to feel the diffrence with the head work im getting done

but it still would be nice to see them figures hit 165 just for brag rights against my m8s

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

MadMatt wrote:
If we had a drag strip here........

true?

maybe if enough "hoons" wrapped modified cars around power poles the goverment might set something up

i remember ages ago when my car made 137rwkw with cam, and had mods like T5, intake exhaust, 3.7 diff...... all the typical n/a mods

i ran a 15.2..... it was f**k ridiculous, especially when someone posts up on the forums there stocko piece of s**t EA 5 speed ran a 14.8 :lol: :x

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

yer is fair s**t how every car is diffrent in the way it puts its power to the ground like my m8s ed 140rwkw and 380nm torque beat another m8s bf xr6t ( yes the turbo) and thats when his ed was auto

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeah ive had a race with a mate in a manual vy ss ute 5.7 with just exhaust mods and intake etc and beaten him by almost a car length over the 400 and i was doing almost 160 at the 400m mark

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

thats fair amazing speshly a vy thats the one with 245kw so thats the killer one of got no shot against, how was it like 0-100 tho?

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

very quict had a foot n a half at the 100k mark and just kept gettin further in front i think it might have caught me at about 220 maybe but i dont need to go that quick to prove the point haha i could go faster but only concern is the tailshaft lettin go

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

thread gone to s**t

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol im suprised it lasted this long man :p

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Alright, Who setup the second accounts? Can someone get rid of these idiots please!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
times i have run are with a 20kph roll on but its been dynoed and repeatedly done same power every time but im a little far to go to willowbank as im about 1200k from it and ive been to mackay to get the dyno ill try to get to the test and tune nights at palmarra in mackay to see how it goes at the strip if i can

You dont get to do a rolling start at the drags man, my 14.7 second v8 would probably run half a second quicker if i could start at 20kph.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:
times i have run are with a 20kph roll on but its been dynoed and repeatedly done same power every time but im a little far to go to willowbank as im about 1200k from it and ive been to mackay to get the dyno ill try to get to the test and tune nights at palmarra in mackay to see how it goes at the strip if i can

You dont get to do a rolling start at the drags man, my 14.7 second v8 would probably run half a second quicker if i could start at 20kph.

if I'm understanding, he hit 160k in 400m from a rolling start, that would mean about 140km/h on the 1/4 mile, or a mid to high 15 second pass. Get your stopwatch recalibrated dude.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

milo 302 wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:

if I'm understanding, he hit 160k in 400m from a rolling start, that would mean about 140km/h on the 1/4 mile, or a mid to high 15 second pass. Get your stopwatch recalibrated dude.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5