Idle control issue EF 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Idle control issue EF
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Gday,

I know there are alot of threads regarding idle issues from the search i did bt none answered my question.

Ill try keep this as short as possible. i had an injector misfire a while ago which turned out to be a faulty ECU so i replaced it with another XR6 manual EF ECU. Then when i started the car with the new ECU it would not idle so i cranked the base idle speed and it finally held idle.

A couple of weeks down the track i realise that when the car is started cold it idles low and sometimes hunts at about 500-600RPM but once driven down the road it will idle just fine, same issue with AC on at any temperature.

I figred that the ISC wasnt working, and it was likely the new ECU not activating it. So i replace the ECU with another one, (cheapo EF GLi auto) and still no idle control. So i then replace the ISC, no improvement. so then i go back to the original combination that i KNOW worked (original ECU and original ISC) Ignoring the missfire of course, and no idle control. I have continuity between the ECU termial 83 and the grey wire at the ISC end. There is the correct resistance between terminals at the ISC and the correct voltage out of the ECU. So why the hell wont either of the ISC solenoids i have tried work!!!!

[/essay]

Any help would be really appreciated im ready to throw this friggen car off a cliff

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Post subject: Re: Idle control issue EF
Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

have u actually cleaned the isc's? both the orig and the replaced ones?

these get dirty and need cleaning

if they get replaced with a dirty one it wont help ya cause

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: R33

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

nice juicy tits

R33 GTS-T - 222.6rwkw
EF - 142rwkw

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Spoondog wrote:
nice juicy tits

This comment is as useless as a brown paper bag on a fat lady, but I agree :P.

Have you tried running the car with the ISC unplugged? Did it make any difference?

You said the car idles fine when the engine is warm with one of the ECUs. Wouldn't that mean the ISC is working at that stage?

+1 to Disco's comment. Give the ISC and maybe the TB a clean. Might improve a little more.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF 5 speed

ACT, Australia

Hi mate,

I notice similar symptoms with my EF if I've had the battery disconnected for a while and the ECU goes into learning mode.

Try disconnecting your battery for a couple of hours, after connecting back up, I've read the proper way to teach the ECU is to start the car, don't touch the accelerator at all, let it idle for 5 minutes in Neutral, then switch the A/C on and let it idle for another 5 minutes. For an Auto I think you're also meant to do the same in Drive, let it sit there for 5 mins and then another 5 mins with A/C on, then should all be good to go.

Hope this helps... maybe after putting your new ECU in it didn't have a chance to "learn" the car properly?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]