Fordmods Logo

im 16 and need power 

Page 1 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: im 16 and need power
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98' el

SA, Australia

i just bought a bog stock 98' el falcon gli. and i was wondering wat would be the best mods for some quick power gains. i know extractors and exhaust, but how do thing's like cold air induction kits and better ignition leads fair on those motors? cheers!!

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Better ignition leads will only help if the ones that are on it are buggered... which brings me to the first point.

Get it serviced, oil/filters/sparkplugs/rotor button/dizzy cap and leads if it needs them. Don't buy a k&n filter as the only advantage is longevity, same with leads... 8mm is fine.

Fit a BA XR6T Snorkel, they can be purchased from ebay for $40... about the same price as new from ford, if you're really keen you can fit the whole BA airbox and intake tubing (including the sausage) as long as you use a knockometer to massage the engine bay to get it to fit.

Then there are other avenues like cams, superchargers etc... of course you could also read the sticky.
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/3-9l-4-0 ... e-t66.html

Wanted, CFI manifold

Post subject: cheers
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

cheers mate, thats awsome. yeah well ill probably go check out a few snorkels then! and yeah i actually booked it in for tomorrow so yeah ill have a word to the mechanic. no worries! :D

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

exhaust extractors- will cost you about $800 new and fitted
k&n pannal filter and el GT snorkal will cost you about $150
then dump it on king super lows they cost about $270
and if you can be f**k put a manual conversion and a 3.45 lsd you could get them both under $1000
and mate your call will be a lil rocket my mates ef with those mods goes pretty dam good for no real engine work

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Post subject: ahhhh
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

yep, well yeah cheers dude. i recon that'll be the exact path i'll take. and yeah rims--- i was thinking ba xr6's ? would they fit? but yeah thank's again for the help mate!

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

hahaha i just realised that was u steve...im mike's mate jonny...but yeah i know why u need new rims!!

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

It's amazing how much improvement you will feel with the 'zorst, CAI, and a 5speed conversion.

I've done that to my EB and man, it's heaps quicker than stock, and a hellova lot more fun to drive as well. If i wasn't spending up $$ on my Holdens in the shed, i'd get some head work & a cam fit next.

But be careful, too many mods will take you over the P plate power restrictions & could land you in hot water.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

hey man gud luck with it all..

sorry it just makes me cringe that a 16 year old has a car and can do it up and take all his mates round wit him..

and here in Vic im gonna be 18, not allowed to touch my car with mods 'in the laws eyes' for 4 years.. and allowed 1 passanger for the first year...

Wish we had those laws, let me just say enjoy em lol

for quick power just do as every1 else has mentioned, make sure u lower it tho lol, unless u wanna go like sand dune driving, stock height looks so gai lol

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Post subject: thanks...
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

well yeah the thing is in SA the only real problem is that we cant drive turbo's or V8's without having an insane excess and huge insurance cover. mm but yeah i was thinking a mild cam satup. cheers for the advice!

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

yeah dnt worry i will enjoy it...nd yeah fuk the thing looks like grandpa's car...i think its been raised lol....

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

jonnyd wrote:
yeah dnt worry i will enjoy it...nd yeah fuk the thing looks like grandpa's car...i think its been raised lol....

haha i think its been raised lol, u maake me laugh thats good haha

give it 5 years and u will have to start off in a smart car here in vic the way things are going..

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Post subject: haha
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

mmm well yeah ill just be hoping for enough power to beat some homo ricers! nd n e way i dont think ur allowed to drive smart cars..coz they are made by mercedes? and ur laws over there are fuked if u drive a "prestige vehicle" aswell arent they? ohh welll peace out man!

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

so your an L plater wanting a fast car. maybe you should just learn to drive 1st. lol

do they have any modifying laws an SA?

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Post subject: Re: ahhhh
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jonnyd wrote:
yep, well yeah cheers dude. i recon that'll be the exact path i'll take. and yeah rims--- i was thinking ba xr6's ? would they fit? but yeah thank's again for the help mate!

If you have hte money go Pre-Au GTP Copies, 19"s they look mint on ef/el/ ea-ed...

Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

wait til ya 18...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next