Post subject: Re: Im begining to hate fords
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

cjh wrote:
archibald the simple wrote:
Do you blokes know what the thing connected to the bottom of the air box on gas cars is, because its makin some weird sounds...

Also the car always used a little petrol even when it was in gas before the petrol died. It chewed bugger all gas when it did that. it cost $30 to do 500km now its not getting any where near that.

I just wish this car was like new again because its great to drive, it gets up and goes and its cheap as to run....

FFS, don't talk in dollars of fuel or gas....talk in LITRES.....fuel changes price so much, that talkin in dollars is a waste of time.
In my experience, dual fuel is a waste of time & money unless you are a cabbi.
You use more LPG to do a given task than petrol. LPG here is just over 70 cents a litre....and next year, the Govt is goin to tax it just like petrol......then where will you stand????

yea over here lpg is pretty close to petrol prices so it's not worth it.

ELboy wrote:
Yeah as a mechanic i see it every day people spending big $'s on old cars like EA's that would be worth $100. Iv owned EA 's' pack, EB fairmont, EB II fairmont ghia, EB II XR6, NC fairlane and still have my EL fairmont ghia. As soon as things start playing up i just get rid of them normally wreck them and sell the parts. Every ford iv owned except my EL cost no more then 5k had over 200k on clock with no service history they would only last a year or two. 4 years ago i got sick of buying crap cars so saved 15k for something decent, looked at over 100 cars all the BA's i looked at then had high K's and wasn't a big fan of AU. Came across an EL fairmont ghia for $13 000 it had just over 60 000km the leather was like new car looked brand new had only 1 owner a real old guy had full log book service history with all receipts. I ended paying $10 000 cash and in the 4yrs iv had car have had not one single problem, only had to replaced battery front rotors and pads tyres and a tail light globe. Car has done 136 000 now i do all the servicing, do my own safety check every 6months. There is not one oil leak motor is spotless, just proves you get what you pay for. A lot of people told me i got ripped off paying 10k, for 4yrs of hassle free motoring its dirt cheap

had our DA for over 2 yrs and has 254,000 with no problems

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

archibald the simple wrote:
Please just leave helpful stuff. Pointing out the car is old and complaining about the thread title not being fair isn't going to help me fix it.

You expect a reasonable conversation about car maintenance with a subject title like that?

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

My au had done 333, 000 kms before i changed the engine and gear box, was there at the right time to snap up a better engine and box

Ive replaced a hell of alot of things in it over the 3 to 4 years of owning it

99 percent of it was maintence s**t but i still kept at it, never once broke down or failed to get me from a to b

I could eaisly get rid of it for a newer car, but dont wanna be stuck with a loan or any other bull s**t,

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3