Post subject: Re: Info on "Hybrid Engines"
Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF GT, EL Xr, Xp mont, 4runner

Power: 137 rwkw

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
it was factory, my engine was blown last year from a dodgy cam change and needed a complete rebuild its an 07/98 build

mines 8/98. went to change the fuel pump, and was scratching my head as to what the fuel pump was that burson had given me. Just out of curiosity asked for an au fuel pump and wallah! Turned out that the complete fuel sender/pump assembley is au. The sender unit stamping numbers were the au WR numbers. Another thing for hybrid owners to think about. Dont know if the au fuel pump has better flow though ?

84 4runner.......needs boost
El xr6.....needs dohc boost
Xp fairmont......needs boosted 8
Bf GT......cant afford boost no more

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

XPFalcon170 wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
it was factory, my engine was blown last year from a dodgy cam change and needed a complete rebuild its an 07/98 build

mines 8/98. went to change the fuel pump, and was scratching my head as to what the fuel pump was that burson had given me. Just out of curiosity asked for an au fuel pump and wallah! Turned out that the complete fuel sender/pump assembley is au. The sender unit stamping numbers were the au WR numbers. Another thing for hybrid owners to think about. Dont know if the au fuel pump has better flow though ?

wouldn't of picked that

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
The build date would explain why you have those parts, cos its certainly not something Ford did originally. All their documentation points to these engines having E-Series rod and piston combo.

Might also explain why the car went better, having the longer rods and compression. Essentially more torque. Maybe the e-series ECU's had a better tune on them.

From my experience, every thing with a hybrid engine generally performs like crap in comparison. Even my parents comment, as mum has a standard NL, whereas the old man has hybrid NL, and he complains his car is slower... But he will get 750 to a tank on the open road easily, whereas mums will struggle to get 700.

hit the nail on the head. AU series were designed for all out economy. some tuners who ive spoken to reckon the factory au tune is possibly the worst theyve ever seen in terms of performance. ford did everything they could to lower fuel consumption. this is why au's get such great power gains from a simple flash tune. The au head flows the worst stock but aparently has the best potential for porting.

the au6 with a bit of money put in can be quite a good banger........ totally unbiased opinion of course :P

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2