Fordmods Logo

Injector hassles.... Maybe 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Injector hassles.... Maybe
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

WA, Australia

Due to my Employer takin time paying me last week, I ran my car reeeally low on petrol.. so much so that the needle only barely moved when turn the key on, and since it has a misfire ever now and then.

My guess is it picked up crap off the bottom of the tank and is hassling the injectors with dirt...
Should I just get a new set of injectors anyway? Just for the sake of having new ones and not bother wasting money unclogging them?

The 6000 km Road trip... Rockhampton QLD, Surfers Paradise QLD, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Launceston TAS, Adelaide SA, Kalgoorlie WA, Perth WA.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:42 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: 2003 BA XR6 TURBO!!!!!

VIC, Australia

as far as injectors go, theyre probly worth doing anyway, as the cars gettin a bit older now.
i notice a massive change when i replaced mine. way smoother and way more power.

a common problem when running the fuel tank dry is the fuel pump dieing. not possitive but i think its somthing with the diaphram drying up.

both parts can be sought cheap off ebay or simular.
i think i paid about $60 for a replacement fuel pump for mine (running on duel fuel let the petty tank run dry) and about 70 for a set of reconned injectors

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

WA, Australia

Whats the cost of a set of new decent ones?

They hard to replace?

The 6000 km Road trip... Rockhampton QLD, Surfers Paradise QLD, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Launceston TAS, Adelaide SA, Kalgoorlie WA, Perth WA.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I got quoted for 22 dollars per injector reconned from ford, or 176 for all 8. Injectors on the 6 are nice and easy. Three bolts and the fuel rail lifts off, then out come the injectors. It might be easier to pull the injectors out before you remove the wiring because of the fiddly little clips. But theyre not too hard

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]