K&N Air FIL 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: K&N Air FIL
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

hey guys

i am getting an exhaust system fitted at JMM hich will include:

2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust, high flow cat with JMM extractors and am gunna chuck in an automatic adaptive shift kit

was wondering if its worth getting a K&N Air Filter rather than a JMM air filter?? anyone recommend these filters and how would it go with the system ive got here??

thanx guys

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

What's the cost of a JMM one?
I mean K&N are a huge brand and that, so if there cheaper than the JMM ones' I'd go with them as there's no question on there quality or anything.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

the JMM air filter is $190 - but im happy to pay a bit extra if the K&N Filter will give me more satisfaction

AU Falcon Forte, Auto I6, 2.5" Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Genie Extractors, BMC Panel Filter, Race Shift Kit, XR8 Snorkel, King Spring Superlows, 17" ROH Mags, Pedders Shocks, Tinted Windows, Blue In-Car Neons, In-Car Bluetooth, Black XR Interior, Momo Steering Wheel, Clarion Premium Sound

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

the K&N will be cheaper than 190 thats for sure

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

who in Melbourne sells K&N Parts??

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

mate go the k and n .a lot cheaper than the other 1

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

try uni-filter, 1% below K&N in flow but far more superior in filtration. good thing about uni is you can remove one of the two foam{fine} & leave the a*** form for the drags. it'll probably flow better.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

who makes the JMM one? there are only so many top notch filter out there.. from memory I paid about $110 for mine for an ef falcon.. I'm thinking maybe a BMC in JMM package?? but that for of money is HUGE for a filter. is it a panel filter or a pod filter?

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
try uni-filter, 1% below K&N in flow but far more superior in filtration. good thing about uni is you can remove one of the two foam{fine} & leave the a*** form for the drags. it'll probably flow better.
ive heard the uni filters because the are oiled dirty the air flow meter pretty bad my k&n did when it was new then i cleaned it and its been fine goes harder and uses 1/2 the fuel

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
Slick wrote:
ive heard the uni filters because the are oiled dirty the air flow meter pretty bad my k&n did when it was new then i cleaned it and its been fine goes harder and uses 1/2 the fuel
does anyone have an enigma decoder, we need to decipher the message.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:
Slick wrote:
i have no idea what any of that even meens lol too big a words for me lol

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
Slick wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:
Slick wrote:
i have no idea what any of that even meens lol too big a words for me lol

Sorry dude!
So you mean: when you had the K&N filter it dirtied the air flow meter. So you brought yourself a uni-filter and now it goes harder and uses 1/2 the fuel. is that correct, or is it the other way round.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sorry mate ive NEVER had a finer filter except on my old gas reaserch xd but ive heard on efi cars its a prob but with my k&n its seemed that when it was new it was slightly over oiled cause after about 2 tanks of fuel it started useing heaps,then a guy showed me how to pull the element out of the air flow and clean the oil film out of it now its awsome

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

auwpn wrote:
the JMM air filter is $190 - but im happy to pay a bit extra if the K&N Filter will give me more satisfaction

are you sure its just the FILTER for $190? i thought when it says "hi flow intake mods" they are change the intake piping aswell, and puttin in the air filter.

I think i remember msging someone that had a DEV 3 kit but cant remeber if he said anything about the hi flow intake mod.

Check up on that to see if it is just the FILTER for $190 or anything extra

SIGNATURE REMOVED - REFER TO FORUM GUIDELINES!

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

JMM's high flow intake piping is a lot more than $190.00!
I'd go the K&N, because a. it's a fair bit cheaper ($110ish retail - most autp stpres sell them - Autobarn, Repco, etc.), and b. because there all huge brands I don't think any are really significantly superior, and the notice between a K&N filter and stock is near nothing, so the notice between a K&N and another expensive high flow is probably near on nonexistant (on near stock cars).

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]