Fordmods Logo

laser having probs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: laser having probs
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL Falcon Futura

NSW, Australia

firstly id like to appologise for putting this in the 6 cylinder mods page, but i couldnth think where else to put it!!!

yeah, so i got this 1982 laser, basically the car was brought brand new,
owned by my late grandmother, and was given to my sister, the car has 103,000 km's on it, was driven very easily, servicd every 5000km's, and due to financial reasons my sister gave up on the car about 2 1/2 years ago and left it, the car obviously wasnt used everyday, but was started regularly as you would expect, i didnt actually move the car (whilst in gear) for about a year, and now starting it up again, it starts alright, u run it till its warm, then when u let out the choke, and it stalls, it doesnt matter how slowly u let it out, i have adjusted the idler thingy (i cant thinka the name right now), i have put it high enough the bastard should just run, but once you let the choke off, regardless of how fast its idling, or whether you have the accelerator down, it just stalls!!!..i think its got something to do with the choke somehow!!

now another issue, when u stick it in gear, it quite violently jerks into gear and stalls, we have tried alota different ways to stop this, but it keeps doing it, ive got the car moving n driven it around abit with it in drive and reverse, but unless u hold the revs up when u stick it into gear it will stall.

just today we tried cleaning the carby out, worked well, the carby is as clean as i can ever see it being, its got pleny of fuel, its got plenty of transmission oil, normal oil, i cannot work out what the hells wrong with it!!

so anyone got any ideas

a) whats wrong with it??
b) what the hell i can try to stop the stalling all the time??
c) any chance of it ever working again??

mods to my laser:
vortex fuel.....seriously, its quicker than mums falcon, well, at stalling anyway....oh she does alright burnouts tho, will post a picture soon enough....screw flanders!!

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

Did you kit the carby? only takes a pinhole in a diaphram, and it wont work properly. As for the tranny, i would guess at the carby doing it.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

checked your auto trans fluid latley? I can't see how the carb would make this happen as you have to hold the lever in reverse to reverse?

But yeah, i'd try a carby kit, and go from there..

Rob :wink:

ps; noticed ur from the gong, don't think ive seen your car around.. tend to take notice of other falcons with exhauts hehehe

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]