lash adjuster anoying me 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: lash adjuster anoying me
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef fairmont,

QLD, Australia

hey guys theres probally already a thread but i cant find it . i just replaced my lash adjuster while i had the head off and they are still ticking tapping anybody got any ideas as to stop that anoying noise plz help any info will be good :D

95 ef montfor sale pm for info, 88 hilux mud truck

Post subject: Re: lash adjuster anoying me
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

horis wrote:
hey guys theres probally already a thread but i cant find it . i just replaced my lash adjuster while i had the head off and they are still ticking tapping anybody got any ideas as to stop that anoying noise plz help any info will be good :D

Jim Mock Motorsport
Falcon 4.0 litre
Lash Adjuster Spacing

Your overhead gear geometry alters with the Performance Camshaft due mainly to the increased lift, changed duration and profile. This results in the reduction of the base circle. The main compensation is taken up with spacers inserted behind each HLA (Hydraulic lash adjuster). This process is simple and effective if done correctly.

After reading the basic instructions, the setup procedure for the shimming of the HLA can be made easier by following a few simple steps.
Firstly remove all HLA’s from the rocker rack, clean, re-assemble and set aside.
Next install just the front inlet and exhaust HLA’s and oil valves (no shims yet) into the rocker rack and install the rack onto the engine with the cam in place and at Top Dead Centre Compression (THE TIMING GEAR INDEX MARK SHOULD BE AT THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR, THIS IS TDC COMPRESSION). Fasten the rocker rack down with the first three front rack pedestals and check for lash on the front two HLA’s you have installed.
An easy way to check how many shims to use is to fill the gap between the HLA and the valve tip with shims until the lash is removed. It is not uncommon to find the inlet and exhaust sides require different amounts of shims.
Once the correct shim settings have been found for the inlet and exhaust, remove the rack and install your HLA's and shims as per the instructions, reinstall the rack and tighten down.

1. Removing the HLA from the rocker itself is done with a small punch that fits the size of the bleed hole in the top of the rocker. Gently tap the HLA out with a hammer and punch.

2. Once removed, the HLA and the oil cap should be cleaned and checked. The retainer ring on the HLA should be replaced if damaged, which is usually the case.

3. With the retainer ring removed, the HLA parts should be cleaned and re-assembled in order as shown and then the new retainer ring fitted. The retainer-ring basically clips on and holds the HLA together.

4. Re-assembly is simple. First install the adjustment washers that are supplied in the kit. In this case two are fitted but this can vary with each kit.

5. Next fit the oil cap with the single groove towards the top oil hole in the rocker. The triple grove faces outward as shown.

6. Install the HLA gently back into the rocker.

7. This adjustment is carried out on all rockers, taking note of how many washers you have used and if there are any left over, which there shouldn’t be.

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: E-Hybrid Falcon

NSW, Australia

just thought i would ask if adjusters have any effect on performance & longivity ?

crow cam,cai,exaust,bbm,190 reg & el injectors,xr6 interior,guages,white cluster,pioneer/mtx stereo,big boot install w.i.p, 17"rims,koni/pedders shocks&springs with nolathane re-bush,ssv kit,stainless inserts,clear lights,t5 & short shifter,chardonay/pearl paint

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]