Loose distributor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Loose distributor
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon ED

TAS, Australia

So when I was replacing my cap on the dizzy for my el falcon as I was pulling the plugs out the distributor seemed to have some play in it, is this normal? and how good does the ground to the coil have to be? is it grounding through the block? because the bolts going back onto the block don't seem to want to do up they just keep turning feel like they getting tighter then back to loose, I got the coil as solid as I could but if its using it as the earth connection to it might not be good enough

Post subject: Re: Loose distributor
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

EDCoonsta wrote:
So when I was replacing my cap on the dizzy for my el falcon as I was pulling the plugs out the distributor seemed to have some play in it, is this normal?

what do you mean by that? .. do you mean the dizzy itself or the part the rotor mounts to?

EDCoonsta wrote:
and how good does the ground to the coil have to be? is it grounding through the block? because the bolts going back onto the block don't seem to want to do up they just keep turning feel like they getting tighter then back to loose, I got the coil as solid as I could but if its using it as the earth connection to it might not be good enough

either stripped bolts or thread in block or wrong bolts/wrong hole?. bolts do need to do up tight/firm so coil stays in the one place. don't think it earths to block but i'm unsure.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon ED

TAS, Australia

na the bit the rotor goes on, figured it was ok? replacing the tfi module now, if its not that id be f**k if I know what it is, its getting spark from the coil just no spark from the dizzy, getting fuel to so ruled out the hall affect, praying this tfi module is it, normaly $129 picked a bosch one up for 61 bucks today :D hopefully that's a sign

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

EDCoonsta wrote:
na the bit the rotor goes on, figured it was ok?

have had only one used dizzy good & tight ... rest have been loose. and they were from runners

EDCoonsta wrote:
replacing the tfi module now, if its not that id be f**k if I know what it is, its getting spark from the coil just no spark from the dizzy, getting fuel to so ruled out the hall affect, praying this tfi module is it, normaly $129 picked a bosch one up for 61 bucks today :D hopefully that's a sign

ok .. should be all good then???...... & that sounds a goood price.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]