Fordmods Logo

loss of power 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: loss of power
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i got an fairmont ef i recently felt it has lost a noticable amount of power especially on take off it revs but the car doesnt move as quick as usuall, Is this from the transmission or from the diff?

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

if it's auto, i'd suggest the transmission is starting to slip.

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

all bbm vachume hoses connected?

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

yeah its an auto, everything is properly connected. So is there any chance its from the diff?

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont I6

VIC, Australia

I could even be something as simple as your spark plugs and/or leads

Ford Fairmont AU
www.aufalcon.com/aujls

My Ebay items for sale

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Dont listen to these guys. Is the car missing? If not its gotta be a torque converter giving up the ghost. Its not an ex cab is it?

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

man, fair enough if you wanna give advice but don't belittle other peoples helpful comments, otherwise, you'll confuse the poster.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Dont listen to these guys. Is the car missing? If not its gotta be a torque converter giving up the ghost. Its not an ex cab is it?

you & your ex cab comments. you are a good source of entertainment.:lol:

dude, if you're not going to be serious on the field. sit on the sideline, otherwise the team will just spear tackle or head high you all the time.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Slick wrote:
EB V8 wrote:

you & your ex cab comments. you are a good source of entertainment.:lol:

dude, if you're not going to be serious on the field. sit on the sideline, otherwise the team will just spear tackle or head high you all the time.
]

Im being serious, helf of these guys posting threads dont tell the whole story, they go to the doctor and dont want to admit whats wrong but want a solution. If he would have come clean in the first place, we would all say, well its an ex cab so what do you want for $1500?

How can I sit on the sideline when these guys run up the ball and are begging for a crunching tackle. Also im like a jungle cat, nobody can get me with a spear tackle. Ill show you guys a clean pair of heels

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Its not an ex cab is it?

no its only done 150,000km
Quote:
Im being serious, helf of these guys posting threads dont tell the whole story, they go to the doctor and dont want to admit whats wrong but want a solution. If he would have come clean in the first place, we would all say, well its an ex cab so what do you want for $1500?

thanks for Generalizing mate but first of all you aint no doctor and second when did i hesitate to admit whats wrong???
what i wanted to do was now roughly where the problem is because if its the diff im wanting to install a new 3.7 lsd and if it was the gear box i was goin to do a manual conversion.
since you want the whole story hear it is, i woke up in the morning i got dressed started the car and when i was taking off the car was revving a little high for the speed it was travelling. then i put the foot down to see if anything was wrong and the car didnt go as hard as usual. checked the engine bay everythin fine now hear i am asking any one if they have had similer problems and why its doing it

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fairmont ef wrote:
Quote:
Its not an ex cab is it?

no its only done 150,000km
Quote:

thanks for Generalizing mate but first of all you aint no doctor and second when did i hesitate to admit whats wrong???
what i wanted to do was now roughly where the problem is because if its the diff im wanting to install a new 3.7 lsd and if it was the gear box i was goin to do a manual conversion.
since you want the whole story hear it is, i woke up in the morning i got dressed started the car and when i was taking off the car was revving a little high for the speed it was travelling. then i put the foot down to see if anything was wrong and the car didnt go as hard as usual. checked the engine bay everythin fine now hear i am asking any one if they have had similer problems and why its doing it

flaring revs you mean, auto low on fluid. usually a full trans service will fix it.
It also could mean a number of things, map sensor vacuum hose leaking.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Or it could be an ex cab, a tired old motor. he said 150,000km but maybe its went round the clock and then 150,000km again. not many eas out there with 150k on them, soi maybe this guys telling porkys

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

^^ shouldn't you be out side topping your oil level up?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

its original k's mate whats wif u and ex-cabs

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fairmont ef wrote:
its original k's mate whats wif u and ex-cabs

EB V8 LS1 gets hammered by a worked ex-cab EA inline 6 at the lights nearly every day, hence... the frustrations with 6 cylinder EA's.

Pakrat wrote:

Last edited by Slick on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next