Fordmods Logo

Magna Injectors A goer!!! 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Magna Injectors A goer!!!
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH UTE utester

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, i have a 4ltr XH Ute, a fair few people have said good things about the power gains of the 2002 MAgna injectors. Has anyone throw a set of them in & are there any considerable power gains made without having to change the Fuel system to suit. Also how much did you pay???

Apparently they are in some of the Group A commodores & have the same stock code as each other although the Magna ones are nearly half price.

GIMME SOME FEEDBACK GUYS

:P SCOOTER

FOR SALE
1998 XH 'S' Ute
5 spd, green in colour, Tickford gas, Duel Fuel
Lowered, 17inch alloys, Hardtop, Cab extension,great sounding sound system, lukey exhaust, carpeted tub.
160,000 kms $12,800

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Fairmont, FG XR6

NSW, Australia

Yeah I have heard this from my exhaust guy aswell bit didnt look into it too much.

Apperently they have a better flow rate??

Post subject: Yeah
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Yeah, there's a better flow rate, but also they are way cheaper than standard replacements from ford. I didn't even bother ringing ford for a price as i knew they would be outta this world. haha :P

FOR SALE
1998 XH 'S' Ute
Lowered, 17inch alloys, Hardtop, Cab extension,great sounding sound system, lukey exhaust, carpeted tub.
160,000 kms $12,800

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I thought the flow was the same or similar? just that the way of the fuel injected was different pattern? it was more direct squirts whereas ford ones are more conical, or soemthing along those lines. anyone?

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Apparently supercharged V6 commodore injectors fit too

ImageImage

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Most typical bosche injectors will fit in ok... magnas will.

Why do you need bigger injectors? Are you running out of fuel?

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Shell with 4 wheels

NSW, Australia

magna injectors onyl good if your got more then 300fwkws or oyu drown engine

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How does that work coming from a NA 6 with less power that the falcon ?

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Hyena wrote:
How does that work coming from a NA 6 with less power that the falcon ?
More fuel per second from the injectors, but the amount of time the injector is flowing fuel is reduced.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Nah just replacing them as my engine has done 200kms & they have never been cleaned or replaced. How much are those Bosche ones???

The Magna injectors can't flood the engine that much can they if they are putting them into a magna V6?? Or are the magan's more lean in the fuel settings, therefore they can pump more fuel in, or maybe the fuel pump is pumping less than a falcon. I know the falcons come out of the factory very rich.

FOR SALE
1998 XH 'S' Ute
160,000 kms $12,800

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

From what i know, the engine detects how rich or lean it is running from the oxy sensor in the exhaust, and so will correct itself and drop the duty cycle down so they dont put ot as much fuel. I stand to be corrected on this if im wrong but :P

So i dont think youll have problems with overfueling

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
From what i know, the engine detects how rich or lean it is running from the oxy sensor in the exhaust, and so will correct itself and drop the duty cycle down so they dont put ot as much fuel. I stand to be corrected on this if im wrong but :P

I believe you are right Andrew. However it is likely there would be a working range for the control loop and differant injectors may put the mixture outside of the ecu control range. I also stand to be corrected.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

madmax wrote:
Andrew J wrote:

I believe you are right Andrew. However it is likely there would be a working range for the control loop and differant injectors may put the mixture outside of the ecu control range. I also stand to be corrected.

Well i say we should just bypass injectors, and have a 6mm hose straight through the butterly! Probably end up with better fuel consumption :D

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I, too have done over 200,000 and considering doing the same. Has anyone here actually done this on an AU?

And as someone said, what is the price? I know they are probably more than getting them cleaned, but I would think if you shop around, for the extra money new ones would be a good deal.

Also, does the fuel pump get inefficient given age and klm, or does it simply work/or fail?

I'm trying to work out whether it is worth spending a bit on the wagon to get it running really well, or just taking advantage of it being a cheap work wagon and running it into the ground, so to speak.

What else do people think I should do now its clocked up some k's - being a business fleet vehicle for a private business, its only ever had the very basics needed to keep it running.

scootin_xh wrote:
Nah just replacing them as my engine has done 200kms & they have never been cleaned or replaced. How much are those Bosche ones???

The Magna injectors can't flood the engine that much can they if they are putting them into a magna V6?? Or are the magan's more lean in the fuel settings, therefore they can pump more fuel in, or maybe the fuel pump is pumping less than a falcon. I know the falcons come out of the factory very rich.

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

my 230,000 km ef (6cyl auto) was running a bit (very) slow changed the fuel filter with no change, checked the fuel pump resistance it was stuff all got a new one (higher resistance) and wow its like a new car!!!!! i will still replace the injestors when i get to it......... new pump was about $200, old pump was about 6ohms new approx 25ohms but my memory is fading!!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next