Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

i'll keep every one posted as things progress

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Make sure you measure the pressure restriction too. As I found out from my testing it's not always as you expect. But really there is very little restriction in the standard intake. Most of the gains I made came from modifyig the entry and exit to the airbox rather than the pipe.

Also what sort of temp sensor are you using? Make sure your not accidentally measuring the temp of the pipe. You need to place the sensor completely in the centre of the airflow with no conduction.

Good work though, see if we can get intake temps down!

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Spork wrote:
Make sure you measure the pressure restriction too. As I found out from my testing it's not always as you expect. But really there is very little restriction in the standard intake. Most of the gains I made came from modifyig the entry and exit to the airbox rather than the pipe.

Also what sort of temp sensor are you using? Make sure your not accidentally measuring the temp of the pipe. You need to place the sensor completely in the centre of the airflow with no conduction.

Good work though, see if we can get intake temps down!

it's a temp probe inside the pipe..

i know what you mean about the entry and exit of the air box.
i'm paying carefull attention to that. you'll see in the finished setup what i mean.

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

Can we get some pictures plz???

Chooka - Ford Fairmont EL
Future Mods coming....

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

hey dunno if any one has thought about this but you know on a carby its got the venturi to help increase the air flow by changing the pressures, just an idea would a slight venturi on and intake near the tb increase the flow?

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

menaceEF wrote:
hey dunno if any one has thought about this but you know on a carby its got the venturi to help increase the air flow by changing the pressures, just an idea would a slight venturi on and intake near the tb increase the flow?
Its already covered in this link: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17235
and one covering "benefit of removing the bonnet front seal: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight= some of the boys mis-understood the whole idea, thinking the engine is running cold all the time. the point I was making was the effect it was making on the primium, T/B, intake piping, airbox.{cold to the touch} the rest of the engine is at operating temperature but the air charge is more dense due to the fact there is no heat soak. the fact is, having a bigger snorkle won't do any good if you intake is soaking up all the trapped in heat from a sealed engine bay.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3