Fordmods Logo

Fordmods Advertising

Manifold 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Manifold
Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 113

Joined: 6th Aug 2014

Ride: ford

Location: yorke peninsula
SA, Australia

Hi

Has anyone tried to convert their ef/el/au 4.0 back to the ea-ed log manifold or had a custom upper plenum to make it easier to get to the firewall heater hoses

What exactly do you need for the ea to ed manifold (acc cable cruise control cable fuel rail, what else)

How do you go about the belt when using a xh tensioner , on the ef engine you'd just use a xh belt but what about when using a au engine.

How easy would it be to get replacement parts for tha manifold if something went while away (mainly belt and acc cables)

Also what have people done to with the upper plenum? What have they used and how did they go

Thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manifold
Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2648

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

car10001 wrote:
Hi

Has anyone tried to convert their ef/el/au 4.0 back to the ea-ed log manifold or had a custom upper plenum to make it easier to get to the firewall heater hoses

will be doing this 'soon'[ish]

What exactly do you need for the ea to ed manifold (acc cable cruise control cable fuel rail, what else)

also the EA/EB/ED coolant pipe, possibly the thermostat housing if putting into EA-ED

How do you go about the belt when using a xh tensioner , on the ef engine you'd just use a xh belt but what about when using a au engine.

i'll be using an EL motor so i'm presuming XH. for the AU most likely check needed length. will need to move aircon pump close to block [led to believe]

How easy would it be to get replacement parts for tha manifold if something went while away (mainly belt and acc cables)

no idea.

Also what have people done to with the upper plenum? What have they used and how did they go

Thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manifold
Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 113

Joined: 6th Aug 2014

Ride: ford

Location: yorke peninsula
SA, Australia

[quote="Mad2"][quote="car10001"]Hi

Has anyone tried to convert their ef/el/au 4.0 back to the ea-ed log manifold or had a custom upper plenum to make it easier to get to the firewall heater hoses

will be doing this 'soon'[ish]

youd need to in ef

ea-ed manifold
ea-ed water pump pipe
ea-ed thermostat pipe
ea-ed acc cable
ea-ed aircon bracket
ea-ed fuel rail
ea-ed throttle body
airbox and pipes

is all that right and cant see any reason why you wouldnt get decent power with a j3 with bbm turned off

what do you do about cruise control in ef if you use ea-ed manifold
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manifold
Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2648

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

car10001 wrote:
what do you do about cruise control in ef if you use ea-ed manifold



reasoning behind changing from EF to EA-ED in a EF :?: :?:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manifold
Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 113

Joined: 6th Aug 2014

Ride: ford

Location: yorke peninsula
SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
car10001 wrote:
what do you do about cruise control in ef if you use ea-ed manifold



reasoning behind changing from EF to EA-ED in a EF :?: :?:



havent decided but mainly because of heater pipe and apparently its easier to get to firewall end of heater hoses and you dont have to get under car to change water pump rubber heater hose that goes from pipe to firewall
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manifold
Posted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2648

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

car10001 wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
car10001 wrote:
what do you do about cruise control in ef if you use ea-ed manifold



reasoning behind changing from EF to EA-ED in a EF :?: :?:



havent decided but mainly because of heater pipe and apparently its easier to get to firewall end of heater hoses and you dont have to get under car to change water pump rubber heater hose that goes from pipe to firewall



will have trouble with either version :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names