Fordmods Logo

Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

Hi all, I have a 1997 xh ute with a buggered gearbox and am attempting to source a replacement trans but am unsure what the model of the gearbox is. I believe it is t5? My question is what other transmissions will fit in mine. I know the xh was sold alongside the ef sedan so with its fit? Can't seem to find the correct info any where.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

EA/EB/ED/EF/EL T5's will fit, also XG.

AU will ft but the shifter is further back and you would need a different tailshaft.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

Thanks heaps mate I didn't realise that the ea and eb would fit with no problems.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:36 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 5568

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Jacob-1919 wrote:
Hi all, I have a 1997 xh ute with a buggered gearbox
What's wrong with it ?

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

I'm not sure of the correct terminology but basically the gear closest the shaft where the drive comes in is worn down to the point where it no longer meshes with the gear on the shaft directly below. :?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 128

Joined: 30th Jul 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 91 EB S Pack

I got a trans you can buy, can even have it delivered to Mildura if you'd like.

Shifts well and wasn't flogged, comes with bellhousing. :D

Got other XH bits too if you need them.

 

_________________

I've never liked Trees since, not one.
~ Vanessa Ives

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

How much would you be asking for it and where are you located?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 128

Joined: 30th Jul 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 91 EB S Pack

$250 and Swan Hill

$300 delivered, it's gonna cost me something to get it up there :D

 

_________________

I've never liked Trees since, not one.
~ Vanessa Ives

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

No worries, it's mainly just gonna be for a bush bomb anyways so I might have a look around the local wreckers first and maybe get back to you. Thanks again for the info.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:12 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 128

Joined: 30th Jul 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 91 EB S Pack

All good mate, best of luck at the wreckers.

 

_________________

I've never liked Trees since, not one.
~ Vanessa Ives

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 59

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Tommo52 wrote:
$250 and Swan Hill

$300 delivered, it's gonna cost me something to get it up there :D
Jacob-1919 wrote:
No worries, it's mainly just gonna be for a bush bomb anyways so I might have a look around the local wreckers first and maybe get back to you. Thanks again for the info.


$250 and $300 delivered is a great price for a good T5.

You won't get a price like that at the wreckers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2619

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Tommo52 wrote:
$250 and Swan Hill

$300 delivered, it's gonna cost me something to get it up there :D
Jacob-1919 wrote:
No worries, it's mainly just gonna be for a bush bomb anyways so I might have a look around the local wreckers first and maybe get back to you. Thanks again for the info.


$250 and $300 delivered is a great price for a good T5.

You won't get a price like that at the wreckers.



yep! ... lots a luck findin cheaper :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 17

Posts: 11

Joined: 26th Apr 2016

Ride: Ford Falcon XH Ute 1997

Location: Mildura
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
SWC wrote:
Tommo52 wrote:
$250 and Swan Hill

$300 delivered, it's gonna cost me something to get it up there :D
Jacob-1919 wrote:
No worries, it's mainly just gonna be for a bush bomb anyways so I might have a look around the local wreckers first and maybe get back to you. Thanks again for the info.


$250 and $300 delivered is a great price for a good T5.

You won't get a price like that at the wreckers.



yep! ... lots a luck findin cheaper :lol:


Managed to pick up a rough ea sedan from a bloke nearby for a carton of beer. Ill pull the trans out of it out and test it once the new fuel pump arrives. Thanks for the replies.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 128

Joined: 30th Jul 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 91 EB S Pack

Good work man. :D

A lucky find!

 

_________________

I've never liked Trees since, not one.
~ Vanessa Ives

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Manual transmissions for 1997 xh ute
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2619

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Tommo52 wrote:
I got a trans you can buy, can even have it delivered to Mildura if you'd like.

Shifts well and wasn't flogged, comes with bellhousing. :D

Got other XH bits too if you need them.



in those 'other' XH bits .... you wouldn't have a good working XH tensioner that suits the EA/EB/ED intake?? .. if you do or don't can ya msg me via here. thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: EDfreak, Facebook [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:43 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names