Fordmods Logo

mech help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: mech help
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ed fairmont

QLD, Australia

hi guys im back from the darkside after selling my au for a discovery witch i swaped for a 5l calais witch i then swaped for the discovery back and a rm 250 that i sold to buy this fairmont im doing the water pump as its leaking ive just taken the radiator out and need to know as this is the first time ive taken one out what the black oil stuff is that came out of the steel pipe is (think it might be transmition fulid) and how do i bleed it?

Post subject: Re: mech help
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

black stuff? as in gritty? or black stuff as in liquid?

Liquid blackness yeah that indicated the trans cooling and engine cooling are sort of stuffed, you need to drop the trans lines from the box, blow them out, drop the fluid from the box and prey there is no water in there, your gonna need a trans service kit that includes filter, you may even need 2 of them depending on how much water you remove, service it once fun it for about a tank of fuel, service it again, when you put it all back together, I would be putting a trans cooler in and not running trans fluid in the rad end tank again.

On the other hand, black gritty stuff, don't stress, just bits of build up scale and what not, just give it a nice flush and be done with it.

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]