Fordmods Logo

Modding 2011 FG XR6 Non-turbo 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Modding 2011 FG XR6 Non-turbo
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2011 FG XR6 non-turbo

WA, Australia

Was after some advice on my FG, I put a 2 1/2 in Hurricane exhaust system + extractors on it with a high flow cat and had it tunes and it now runs and sounds like s**t, it was serviced about a week ago and the mechanics reckon it runs fine and that the "tinny" sound is just what happens with these cars. I wanna know if 1: the car is stuffed in some way, a bad tune for example or if the exhaust system i have is just very low quality, i bought it after reading up about a few and it seemed mid range. 2: if i should just fork out and buy the best quality exhaust system i can (and if it would need a re-tune) and 3: if i should leave as is and just do a few more minor mods to see if i can get the note/performance i want.

when i say performance i don't mean race car spec, it's just that since adding this exhaust and tune there's a delay when accelerating (1-2 seconds) mainly when turning left/right from a full stop. There's also a noisy rattle which is apparently normal as well while idle, mainly after a 10+ minute drive.

the sound it makes reminds me of my nans old EL wagon but my missus and i seem to be the only one who thinks there is a problem. I tend to hear the engine bay and the "tinny" sound more than the exhaust and even then i haven't heard the exhaust make a decent note since having this exhaust put on. It sounded better completely stock.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]