Fordmods Logo

Modification help for my xh xr6 just some opinions :) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Modification help for my xh xr6 just some opinions :)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1998 xr6 ute

ACT, Australia

So next year I will finally on better money and will have the chance to start making my xh2 xr6 a nice weekender it's currently stock as a rock with 240xxx km's on it with a t5 manual that's showing it's age. I will have a budget next of around 13-15 k to spend on it and want some advice and some average prices on getting s**t done, 3k will go to a closed door paint job same colour, so let's say that leaves me with 10k I was leaning more towards a cms stroked 4.5l engine or just getting mine fully rebuilt with strong internals and big cam and headwork all the jazz, then get a rebuilt t5, rebuild the diff stronger and put 3.9s in. I was leaning towards ba xr6t conversion but just think it's out of my price range. Also I'm not looking for massive power race car just something that will scare off the odd vy ss and have some good kick to it but also very reliable I really don't care if a spend 8k on the engine and it only makes 170-190rwkw just don't it to explode after a year but tell me what you think :)

Post subject: Re: Modification help for my xh xr6 just some opinions :)
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

do you want it n/a or turbo charged? you can turbo charge the stock motor if its in fair condition for around the 5k mark and have it putting down a fairly reliable 220 rwkw. or you can drop in the barra turbo engine for a similar price and put down similar power. n/a will get expensive once your chasing over 150 rwkw.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1998 xr6 ute

ACT, Australia

Wanted n/a bit as you said pretty expensive I just thought it would be cheaper than a xr6t conversion and for putting a turbo on the old engine wouldn't it blow up pretty quick but i would really be happy with 220rwkw if it was reliable for 8k

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

depends on the condition of your engine as to if it will blow up once turbo charged, if you were to put a full exhaust system,cam tune etc onto an old engine it wont be very good either.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]