Fordmods Logo

More info on engine rebuild for my xh xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: More info on engine rebuild for my xh xr6
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1998 xr6 ute

ACT, Australia

Hi everyone I own a xh xr6 ute 1998 model and will have some cash to put towards the engine (around 5 grand) to put towards the engine.... Anyway I am looking into cresent Motorsport Sydney to see what they can do as there is nowhere in Canberra has anyone done much with cresent Motorsport?? I was wondering also where to put most of the money the engine has 230xxx on it should I put some cash on the bottom end?? Or getting the top end fully rebuilt I want around 160rwkw safe, reliable power it's going to be a everyday car but just a weekender and track car so is that possible with 5 grand or am I kidding myself I know there's packages at crescent for 3grand for cam and head work but I want to make it reliable power... Any way anyone with some advice thanks :D ps. Is it possible it's a hybrid motor the previous owner said it might be.

Post subject: Re: More info on engine rebuild for my xh xr6
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-e-series-performance-parts-t127534.html

This guy is selling a rebuilt bottom end for 1500, you should get that and put the rest towards a nice head and cam package and some Pacemaker 4480 headers.

160rwkw is easy peasy. I daily'd a crescent motorsport stage 3 cam with a 300000km bottom end for over a year without issue.

You can bolt almost any E series head, cam and rocker gear onto hybrid engines. Just don't mix and match a hybrid head cam gear with normal gear.

EL Ghia

Post subject: Re: More info on engine rebuild for my xh xr6
Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1998 xr6 ute

ACT, Australia

Yea I'll hit him up yea sounds like the way to go I see you have around 160rwkw is enough you reckon I've never been in a cammed 6... My good friend just bought a vs 5l clubsport 185i would a completely destroy him in a race ? Mine is manual and so is his... I it's a pretty silly question just want to know what ballpark I would be in for street cars... Yea I was sure that crescent Motorsport would know what to do if it was hybrid, also it's good I've already got a straight through 2 1/2" exhaust so just extractors and was gunna see if they good do a good air intake aswell...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]