Fordmods Logo

My rides:) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: My rides:)
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

check out a few photos of my rides in the members gallery!

http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/gallery. ... s&meetid=0

ef with 160,000 k's. not much done except for 2.5inch exhaust, lowered, shift kit and stereo.

te with original 32,000ks, lowered and new 17inch rims!! :) getting it painted same colour and removing all the badges. putting plain chrome bumpers on too. going superlows next i think. got an alloy head getting shaved 30 thou right now and it has the weber and then cam, pacies and 2.25...

let me know what u think... especially on what i should do to the corty... tint the windows?

[/img]

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

mmm what to do with the corty PUT A V8 IN IT :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

yeah i toyed with the idea of a v8... had people with cortys telling me v8s arent everything and now because of money and time i have decided not to do it. also the weight of them and engineering and brakes etc.

the 250s go pretty good and the setup i am putting in is the same as a guy who runs consistant low 14s which is quick enough for me considering it is just a everyday car.

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

lower the TE and tints . But dont lower it TOO low , trust me on that 1 - i had mine 2 inch's off the ground and it looked good but u couldnt go anywere with it :(

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6

SA, Australia

Nice cars.
I would go the V8.

Not lost any demerit points

Post subject: My rides:)
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB GLi S2

VIC, Australia

nar go the cortys they are a wepon as they are my mates had one each (they were TE) and dam they blew that many v8's and 6's off the road it was not funny. they both had rebuilt I6's and they ended up runnin hi 13's and also the twin barrel carb and then just for a joke one of them ran a 450double pumper with 520 injectors and dam they were quick. then they both got missis and unfortunally they slowly let them run down and now they sit in there sheds waiting to be fixed.

there is a corty going round my area and the plates are HERZ it has a 302 wins init and it aint that fast my mates ones were quicker it was a friend of theres.
go the 6 with the turbo now ur talkin a lot of power.

it aint over till its over......

Post subject: Re: My rides:)
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:16 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

deos eb wrote:
nar go the cortys they are a wepon as they are my mates had one each (they were TE) and dam they blew that many v8's and 6's off the road it was not funny. they both had rebuilt I6's and they ended up runnin hi 13's and also the twin barrel carb and then just for a joke one of them ran a 450double pumper with 520 injectors and dam they were quick. then they both got missis and unfortunally they slowly let them run down and now they sit in there sheds waiting to be fixed.

there is a corty going round my area and the plates are HERZ it has a 302 wins init and it aint that fast my mates ones were quicker it was a friend of theres.

Hey I think I know who might own the car. If its blue with a black roof and if its the car Iam thinking about the owner went out with my son and it runs LPG fuel and is real clean. Yep my nephews TE 6 was quicker.

The TE in the photo is neat and I would keep it a 6 and not modify it to much.

ghiaman

Post subject: Re: My rides:)
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

ghiaman wrote:
deos eb wrote:

Hey I think I know who might own the car. If its blue with a black roof and if its the car Iam thinking about the owner went out with my son and it runs LPG fuel and is real clean. Yep my nephews TE 6 was quicker.

The TE in the photo is neat and I would keep it a 6 and not modify it to much.

ghiaman

Thats the same car im thinking of. When i was manageing BP croydon that was a regular visitor.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

considering i am on a budget: i am bolting a xf unleaded alloy head that has been shaved 30 thou onto the cortina with the twin barrel weber. At the same time in goes a mild crow cam and pacemakers and 2.25 exhuast.

how does this sound?

any other suggestions? i have been told that i should get the dizzy remapped and the car syno tuned after all this. does that sound right or should it be ok?

any ideas on anything better? i thin kthis should be better on fuel than stock (crappy single barrel stromberg) plus a bit more grunt.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

go the 6cyl in the corty
add a Au engine in it :)

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i just got my hands on a corty thats been t boned and left to rust away for two years it has a 250 4.1 shaved head extractors dbl barrel carb forgies cam and a tight 4 speed it ran a 13.6et and 15000km since rebluid need shell

circle work is good but sideways is fun

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:58 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

chr!s wrote:
considering i am on a budget: i am bolting a xf unleaded alloy head that has been shaved 30 thou onto the cortina with the twin barrel weber. At the same time in goes a mild crow cam and pacemakers and 2.25 exhuast.

how does this sound?

any other suggestions? i have been told that i should get the dizzy remapped and the car syno tuned after all this. does that sound right or should it be ok?

any ideas on anything better? i thin kthis should be better on fuel than stock (crappy single barrel stromberg) plus a bit more grunt.

I think they came in 2.77 & 2.92 diff ratios not good for of the mark and 1/4 times. Look at 3.55 or 3.90 and the car comes alive with right engine mods. But fuel milage drops. Plus get a crow dissy gear as hot aftermart cams can strip the gears on a standed dissy gear and watch your clutch cable with extractors. Others disagree but fitting a john Cain intlet manifold and 350cfm holley the car revved out harder if tuned correctly.

ghiaman

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]