Fordmods Logo

NA BA power?? 

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: NA BA power??
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EF, Magna, R33 skyline

Hi I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on my motor and what is possible to get out of a NA 6?? ok i'm building a speedway car and would like to know your thoughts on the things i would like to do to it.. I will be taking about 8KG off of the crank and the clutch and flywheel will weigh lees than 3KG I will also be taking about 3KG off of the diff gears as I have my own mill and lathe I will be doing that myself.. I would like to use you oil pump but thats it for the bottom end. as for the head i will be looking at a compression ratio of 11:1 and would like to use Atomic BattleMaster Cams with good port work, extractors and 3" exhaust, XR6T injetocrs, 044 fuel pump and adj fuel reg. I have to leave the plenum stock but it can be modified and same with the T/B. It will be manual and I know if comes down to the tuner i take it to as to how much power i can get but of a motor of these specs just wanted to know how much power is possible to get out of a NA barra motor? I'm looking for more tourqe than hp.. I would love to hear your input.. :lol:

Post subject: Re: NA BA power??
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

So far, the most made is 240rwkw. That engine worked A LOT. It had a 12.1:1 comp ration, massive cams (stage 4+ atomics), forged pistons and conrods, custom tuned exhaust (had the secondaries lengthened if I remember correctly), plenum cai, underdrives, aftermarket LSD with short ratio gearing. A very extensive build that one. Check it out, search in Garage. Can't remember title off my head, but it's like '330rwhp BF XR6 N/A' and it's by Trav***.

You could probably push a lot more out of the car N/A by increasing rev limiter etc, but the amount of strain on the drivetrain would be insane. You'd need to strengthen everything, or go with XR6T diff / gearbox.

Why aren't you able to use a plenum? Competition restrictions? If so, try doing the FG Inlet Manifold and TB conversion and FG Fuel Rail/Fuel Reg. Some blokes have done it to their already modified B Series that were putting 170rwkw, and made 20rwkw from it tuned. Big increase for a small price of less than $500 total.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

iirc travs engine had near 20g spent on it for that 240rwkw..

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

It had 20g spent yes, but mostly because he went through 4 different exhaust setups, had issues with his bottom end iirc. because he did the r&d already, you could probably get away with 12-13g to make that much. He also had issues with the zf6 not stalling up properly!

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm 
Smokin em up

yeah but i think you can do it for a lot less i have been playing around with a few engines now and just testing them on the dyno so far i have gotten 394hp and thats still with the stock plenum and T/B so there is alot more to be made.. when i get the motor in the car and change a few things i will let you guys know

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

charlie4401 wrote:
yeah but i think you can do it for a lot less i have been playing around with a few engines now and just testing them on the dyno so far i have gotten 394hp and thats still with the stock plenum and T/B so there is alot more to be made.. when i get the motor in the car and change a few things i will let you guys know

you got 394hp out of a BA engine?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Yep that's right. And yeah I'm building one engine for speedway and neither for my road car. So the one for speedway has to have stock plenum but my road car dont. So should get more out of it. But I think it's time to upgrade some stuff first. It's not hard to get that much power if u know what ur doing and doing the right mods that all match each other. I'm just waiting on my mill and lathe to rock up and then can start on. Some different head porting.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Is that 394rwhp?? That's insane mate!

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

do you have any dyno graphs?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:30 pm 
Smokin em up

I do but I'm not putting nothing up just yet as I will be building these motors to sell. So want to test every thing first. I'm going to lift the limiter for 7500 to 8200 and see how it goes.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Putting up the Dyno Sheets only backs up what you have stated. A dyno sheet will tell nothing to what is in the motor, just supports your claims and will help you later when you sell these.

You claim 394HP (295Kw) is this engine HP or Rear wheels. Big numbers for an NA if is is Rear wheel HP.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm 
Smokin em up

its not about giving away the parts i use or how i use them its for about making sure they are reliable.. and there might be other big brand names out there that say they cant make the power its more about they don't know how to get that power.. anyway all will be posted up soon enough..

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

the stig wrote:
charlie4401 wrote:
I do but I'm not putting nothing up just yet as I will be building these motors to sell. So want to test every thing first. I'm going to lift the limiter for 7500 to 8200 and see how it goes.

i call bull s**t!
there are reputable performance builders with many many years of experience and r&d that are lucky to get those figures n/a.

^^this!- why ask for others input if YOUR already making that kind of power? I too call Bulls**t! Oh and how convienient not providing a Dyno Graph of this claimed 394hp.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

If its 394hp at the engine its doable, but not 394rwhp definitely not with a stock intake manifold.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 pm 
Smokin em up

All just so ever one can see that the motor can get thaws kind of numbers with the stock plenum. NOw I know that with that car it has to have the stock T/B and plenum aswell as it has to have the same stroke and can not be dry sumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowKuwbv ... ata_player

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next