Fordmods Logo

NC Fairlane - Climate control fan - does it have a fuse ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: NC Fairlane - Climate control fan - does it have a fuse ?
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 92 NC Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Hi Folks - I have been trying to figure out if the Climate control blower fan in my 92NC Fairalne has a fuse? - the blower fan stopped working - before I start pulling out the fan motor thought I might ask, if not any suggestions to sort it out without taking out the dash, any help would be very appreciated. Cheers

Post subject: Re: NC Fairlane - Climate control fan - does it have a fuse ?
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1997 EL Fairmont,2008 FG G6E

VIC, Australia

I would be checking for disconnected plugs on the fan resistor & checking that there is power running in to the fan speed resistor.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 92 NC Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Thanks el747 - I will connect a known working resistor to rule this out, still don't know if it has a fuse though ! - I will post back the result of the resistor change over - easy enough to get at - have to get around in suit for work and my ride is Cardinal Red so it gets hot inside quick - need to get it sorted, seems strange that it would not have a seperate fuse though, scoured my workshop manual wiring diagram, looked up fan removal, hunted the web for answers- zip, appreciate you taking a bit of time to throw a suggestion my way, hope others will benifit from this post as it seems a common problem and an expensive one to fix if you take it to an auto electrician or mechanic, eya

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1997 EL Fairmont,2008 FG G6E

VIC, Australia

Mate glad to help you out. There is a fuse going to is but it also runs the climate control so if your climate control is working then it aint the fuse. Also depending on what year your nc fairalne is you will need to find the righ fan speed controller the late (ED Range) will not work on a early model (EA/EB) if it's a late 1993 it will have CFC Free on the door then it's a late model and if it's just says ford then it's a EA/EB controller. Make sure you put the resistor in the heater box these f**k get hot damn quick with out any air on it.

If you need any more info let me know i also have a genuine ford workshop (bible) manual

Good luck

Rick.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]