Post subject: Re: need help. BA xr6, Throttle fault warning light
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

Kermit wrote:
Gees Winman.... Youve been quiet for a while. :D

ahaha i come on here everynow and then, but more so just to read whats going on.

shannon75 wrote:
winman wrote:
Mines done the same vibration at idling, I've only noticed it while sitting at lights as i can see the side mirrors vibrating. Took the ctm.o the track forhe first. Mtime abouta
onth ago, since then the vibrations have been weaker... guessing having the engine well thrashed cleaned it out :lol:

So winman do you suggest I give my car a good thrashing hey

Well a good thrashing is always fun :twisted: , but if you're currently running on e10, switch to 95/98 for a few weeks and do throttle body clean. See if that does anything.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 05 xr6 ford

QLD, Australia

winman wrote:
Kermit wrote:
Gees Winman.... Youve been quiet for a while. :D

ahaha i come on here everynow and then, but more so just to read whats going on.

shannon75 wrote:
winman wrote:
Mines done the same vibration at idling, I've only noticed it while sitting at lights as i can see the side mirrors vibrating. Took the ctm.o the track forhe first. Mtime abouta
onth ago, since then the vibrations have been weaker... guessing having the engine well thrashed cleaned it out :lol:

So winman do you suggest I give my car a good thrashing hey

Well a good thrashing is always fun :twisted: , but if you're currently running on e10, switch to 95/98 for a few weeks and do throttle body clean. See if that does anything.

I do not put that e10 crap in my baby I only run 95 or 98 mainly 98 cause 95 is getting hard to find but I don't mind giving her a good thrashing though :P just hard with new laws :evil:

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon

VIC, Australia

having the same problem with my 2011 falcon, sometimes transmission failure comes up, found turning off engine then restarting stops trans warning but the etc failure i found if you tap the brake you still will have it but will be able to accelerate but nothing at the bottom when 1st accelerating..... now im having problems with my lights, wont switch off

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Wagon

SA, Australia

I know this thread is getting old, but I found it and it helped me work towards fixing the problems I had with my 2004 BA Falcon (Petrol 6 cylinder)
My engine is now running smoother than I can remember thanks to some of the advice found on this forum.
Same issues as OP stated, erratic running, misfiring, (which got worse over a few weeks) failure light coming up, had to turn off ignition and then restart ignition to fool the onboard computer etc...
The primary reason turned out to be a leaking inlet manifold gasket, around the front two ports. Easily found by spraying carburettor cleaner around the outside of the manifold near the gasket faces and listening for a change in RPM. When removed, I discovered that the gasket had hardened and cracked through in several places around the front two ports. Common fault it seems!
Thoroughly cleaned all of the butterflies while apart and replaced both the manifold and throttle body gaskets. Also replaced the MAP sensor while apart and easy to get to. (It was the original factory fitted 13 year-old unit)
With hindsight, the leaking manifold gasket was the root cause of the problem, with dirty butterflies and past-use-by-date sensors contributing.
A few weeks prior to replacing the gaskets, I fitted a new Bosch Oxygen Sensor to the exhaust manifold - it replaced the original - and while it improved the running, it did not fix all of the erratic rough idle problems or stop the warning light from coming on.
In summary, the total amount of work to fix this issue properly involved replacing: one new Oxygen Sensor, one new MAP sensor, one new Inlet Manifold Gasket, one new Throttle Body Gasket plus a thorough cleaning of the Throttle Body Butterfly and the internal Plenum Chamber Butterflies while disassembled with a can of Carburettor Cleaner. All dirty solvent from the butterlies was wiped clean prior to reassembly.
I've owned this car for nine years now and it's running as smoothly now as when I first bought it, so smoothly that it's hard to believe!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4