Fordmods Logo

Need help, EB Performance Issue 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

EB Ghia wrote:
Change the inlet manifold to an ef-el dual band, you will notice a huge increase! I think everyone earlier thought you already had the au manifold with the head. You could just start by leaving the runner flaps open but there is plenty of info if you search on how to get the 3800rpm switching happening!

Also check the basics, AFR, manifold pressure and spark timing!

ey good point but besides the initial benifits of the BBM i dont think there really should be any reason for the manifold to be causing such a lack of power as many people have achieved higher figures with a log style inlet.

not to start an argument in your thread dude but i just dont think a BBM coversion is worth it. just double check basic, there are so many avenues you could follow to track down this issue

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

[JETEB6] wrote:
EB Ghia wrote:
Change the inlet manifold to an ef-el dual band, you will notice a huge increase! I think everyone earlier thought you already had the au manifold with the head. You could just start by leaving the runner flaps open but there is plenty of info if you search on how to get the 3800rpm switching happening!

Also check the basics, AFR, manifold pressure and spark timing!

ey good point but besides the initial benifits of the BBM i dont think there really should be any reason for the manifold to be causing such a lack of power as many people have achieved higher figures with a log style inlet.

not to start an argument in your thread dude but i just dont think a BBM coversion is worth it. just double check basic, there are so many avenues you could follow to track down this issue

I agree. I remember reading about the EB with an Au engine, the eb log manifold and a cam running a 13 second ¼ mile. I do think there will be some bottom end benefits from running the BBM, but limited in the top end, also I don’t think we should start adding more things into the mix when there is a problem to be resolved still.
Its lost power from the old combo which was running the eb log manifold. So there has to be something a miss..

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: EA Falcon & G220 Lane

WA, Australia

std cam with a home brand made port job i would bet that there is not enough air speed thru the ports anymore.

chuck a bigger cam into suit the ports and you might have a win.

4.0lt Balanced Bottom End, ACL Race Internals, Rspec4 Cam, BPT Swichchip, PH4480, 2.5' Lukey, Scorcher Bodykit, T5 Manual
237RWHP

frd906 wrote:
LOLLOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I agree with that.
I mean look at it this way, What is present now that wasnt there before when there was no fault?
i suppose its a kinda large undertaking but possibly try a bigger cam or find a untouched head?

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've also thought about the slow air velocity, but figured that the top end would still be good. I also think a bigger cam to suit would be the best but were do you draw the line and stop spending money on something that mightn’t perform.

Error Codes in the ECU indicated a fault with the HEGO and the power steering pressure switch. More testing tomorrow with a wide band I think, it’s possible running way to rich.
Has anyone got a base air fuel ratio figure for an EB at WOT, I would guess around 12.5:1

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

tjb45 wrote:
I've also thought about the slow air velocity, but figured that the top end would still be good. I also think a bigger cam to suit would be the best but were do you draw the line and stop spending money on something that mightn’t perform.

Error Codes in the ECU indicated a fault with the HEGO and the power steering pressure switch. More testing tomorrow with a wide band I think, it’s possible running way to rich.
Has anyone got a base air fuel ratio figure for an EB at WOT, I would guess around 12.5:1

If you get any fault codes then my suggestion is note them on paper, clear them, go for a good drive, then check to see if they pop back up. If they do then you start tracing.

Question, what the f**k is the HEGO????????

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

HEGO = heated Oxygen Sensor.

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

tjb45 wrote:
HEGO = heated Oxygen Sensor.

Why didn't they call it the FAGO? f**k a*** Oxygen Sensor?

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

Heated Exhaust Gas Oxygen sensor

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2