Fordmods Logo

Need opinions and sayin hi 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Need opinions and sayin hi
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XF Sedan

QLD, Australia

Hay all new here and just sayin hi and wounderin a few things?

My mate just bought an EA S pack sedan for 200 bucks and drove it home :D
only needs minor things for roadworthy most are now fixed.
he has found that the head gasket is gone so he is replacing that and while the heads off he's gettin it shaved. :D

my question is what else should he do? get a port and polish? fit a cam while its apart? get an exhaust? fit mpfi? what do youes all think?

his new bro in law also has an ea gli that has an au ser2 motor and auto in it. it also has jim mock extractors and he is looking at supercharging it.

the plan for both cars is to beat my cousins vp commadore v6 manual (convert) with the stock 3.08 diff and soon to be compleated vr aclaim with another manual convert and 3.45 lsd.

also will need to beat my bros tf 3.0 auto magna wagon with a 3.5 manual convert once its done

currently the ea/au falcon can keep with the VR still auto and 3.08 diff gears and just shake the magna but the falcons and the magna cannot keep with the vp

please give your oppnions and help all will be greatfully appreciated

man that was long

I hope she's hotter than two monkeys having sex under a wool blanket in a hot sauna

1st gear is just like foreplay, it's ok, but you want it to go as fast as you can and get it out of the way so you can get into the real sh*t!

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

obviously a healthy vp as the ea with au motor shouldn't find it too difficult to keep the vp at bay.

your new ea, if converted to multipoint and manual should account for the vp also. sounds like converting to manual is std procedure when u buy a car. after that just do all the normal bolt on mods. exhaust, intake etc. i used to own a ea s pack mpefi 5sp and it would easily account for v6 commo's and keep up with the 5.0 variety.

it all depends on your funds as to how far u want to go. if thats not an issue then yes, cam the head while its off. maybe some port work but if ports aren't matched to headers then maximum benefit won't be achieved but will be better flow than stock.

if the auto is stayin then maybe chase up a 3.45 diff.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

Hey nice find EA 'S'pac :D imo, yes do the MPFI conversion, you can find people selling MPFI kits on these forums all the time for as cheap as chips, but befro you go fitting the conversoin consider getting a set of vaporate injectors fitted becuase of these fkn ridicules fuel prices.

ok now for the fun stuff, id have the inlet ported 30thou over, and the head shaved upto 50thou (yea i like me compression :D ), as for the cam, sorry to say this but Crow cams are the only ones ive found that do the EA's, and there choices are limited to say the least, as in you have your choice of 2. but if you really want you can try http://watsonracingcams.com.au/ and see if they can do a custom grind for you, now for the exhaust, the cheaters way out :twisted: get an 'S' bend and replace the Muffler with it, im not sure how much power it will free up, but it will defintly Rattle a few windows he he he, :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

regrind cams start from just over 100 bucks.... so definately pop one in.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]