Fordmods Logo

Need some help bf not starting. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Need some help bf not starting.
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I have a bf dedicated gas. Yesterday morning would not start at all. Waited approx 1 hr then it started fine, drove to work started fine again after work. Today wont start @ all. Its down @ a mechanics we thought it might be a gas solenoid/converter issue but this has proven not to be the case. Cannot get gas to flow from the tank so i am told and the ecu is reading that the cam angle sensor isnt functioning? Can this be trusted or could it be the ecu itself? The car turns perfectly but just wont fire. No spark from all 6 sparkplugs. Will the ecu let gas through or let the coils/plugs create spark if it doesnt read a signal from the crank angle sensor? Any quick replies would be really appreciated as my mechanic is staying back to try to get this fixed for me only because i need to get my daughter home (which is an 80km drive away) tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
Ryan.

Post subject: Re: Need some help bf not starting.
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Series 2 ea

VIC, Australia

I recently had a similar problem with my ba futura, turns out the ecu was faulty when it was cold, poor a jug of hot water on the ecu in the morning and wait five minutes and it will start.

Post subject: Re: Need some help bf not starting.
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2007 BF MkII XR6

NSW, Australia

A little food for thought, my parents have an EL Futura and were forever having troubles with the thing starting. It would try and try but wouldn't turn over. They left it for 5 mins, it started perfectly, no problem.

Turns out, after about $300 of unnecessary new parts, it was the crank angle sensor. It cost them $8 for a new one and about 40 seconds to replace. The old sensor was REALLY dirty and had heaps of gunk around it. They've not had a problem since.

Maybe have a crack at changing the crank angle sensor and you might have some luck? Not sure where it is on a Barra, but on the EL it was right at the front behind one of the A/C pipes.

tonka

I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden.
Looking for an XR6T with a ZF box - dream car <3

http://tinyurl.com/6aqdpuc - build thread.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]