Fordmods Logo

Needa Do Something About My CAI... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Needa Do Something About My CAI...
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

Hey guyz, besides the really cold days and windy days where the car opens up good, i get crap performance down low on average days, well not crap, but i beilive it feels better at night time then day time (coz its colder at night), i believe because lol the pod is out in the open with no box or snorkel, just sitting in the engine bay lol, not a very smart thing.

need some suggestions...i have a GT front bumper..with no fog lights down the botom, i have just ordered a XH snorkel from westpoint ford, ($36) n i have the top lid of a EB Box...i need some suggestions on how i should have a cold air intake, i was going to go to auto bahn n buy some of that piping stuff so i can route it from the GT fog light hole (on the Air intake side) up and into the box with the pod sitting in there (still yet to get the bottom half from wreckers)..now i was wondering, should i get a EL/EF airbox? also i no its a custom airbox job, so does anyone have any pointers wot to cut or how i should have my CAI setup...

Thanks

- Grechie

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

i don't *think* the EF/EL/AU airbox will fit, as the intake comes from the bottom, and exits to the TB etc from the top - the reverse of the EA/EB/ED airbox - so you'd need to run some custom plumbing from the top rear section of the EF/EL/AU box to the TB - from memory, its just near the bottom left corner of the EA/EB/ED airbox? i wouldn't imagine you'd get much benefits from that, as you'd be running too much piping to make it efficient?

R.I.P. Scotty

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]