Fordmods Logo

new engine in and working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: new engine in and working
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: cortina

VIC, Australia

well after going for a drive in the old corty and finding no water in the radiator when i got back i decided to rebuild one of the old race engines dident quite go to plan but as i wasent going to rebore or buy new pistons but after finding the 2 engine which where ment to be indenticle incase some thing this was needed where not and the bore wasent the best i said fuge it take it to 40.

so the build basicly consists of stock leaded head with valves and seats checked a 15/20thou skim the seats and valves recut with springs from one of the race heads installed but with out the 60thou shim for extra seating pressure.
the block has had around 20thou off it is out to 40 now with standerd 250 hypetictic pistons unsure what brand but had hypertictic paper work but no teflon skirt and are the low comp 26cc dish i wasent happy but its a street engine it'll do
other then the cam it stock and is painted to look like a iron head 200 lol

its all running and run in pretty much and iam loving the new engine.
it has an est of 80/85rw/kw but its detuned a lot as well
ill have a play with ignition as iam pretty conservtive atm with only around 14deg initial on a standerd dizzy so i think ill be able to get it to 18 with no pinging as the comp is low around 8.5
i was a bit worried the cam whould not be ideal considering its .524 lift 226deg@50 107 lobe sep on stock rocker gear but its good pulls like a stock 250 to about 3000 then you get pushed into the seat lol.
fuel is really good as well getting
7.9km to the liter or
12.6 to the 100 or
18.67 miles to the gallon

what will happen eventully if i dont blow it up is
extractors and a decent exhaust
skim the head or put a c1 head on it with larger valves and heavyer springs and some port tidying up but t it needs more comp i ran 14deg advance no pinging on 91ron fuel that been in the tank for about 3 months.

v6's and v8's are far supior to any inline 6 the v grips the ocean floor so much better

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]