Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: new isc problem
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

hi all, i know there are alot of topics on this but cant find one with the same promblems as this. the isc on my mates ef xr isnt working, its a brand new isc, its works on my ef. its not an ecu problem as we changed ecus between our cars and everything works on mine. tps voltages are within spec (0.8v closed - 4volts WOT) we have 12.9 volts at the red/pink wire at the isc, but only getting 0.4v at the grey wire when idleing, where as on mine i get 11-12volts at the grey at idle. are there any sensors that affect the isc? ie intake air temp?
thanks

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Post subject: Re: new isc problem
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

It sounds to me like you have a wiring problem, back trace the wires to the ECU.

Gab

EDIT: I wonder if putting 12V to the grey wire would be a valid test - Wait for someone else to confirm this first though before u do it, I dont take responsiblity if u try it lol.

Last edited by Gab1 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thats what i was thinking, but the grey wire has the same resistance to earth as mine.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Need to have a look at a wiring diagram mate.

Gab

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah, i just got to my computer so i can look. was hopeing it was something easy like a sensor out of spec

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok so just checked continuity between the isc plug and the ecu plug and there is no break in the wire.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

Don't know if this helps, but I am chasing an ISC problem myself ATM on another thread. Troyman has helpfully contributed that the ISC should see battery voltage (12-14V) on both wires at the ISC, that the ISC is controlled by PWM from the ECU on the earth side. So, find the cause of the low voltage on the grey wire, and you likely have found your problem.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thats the problem, it has no voltage coming from the ecu. but its not an ecu fault as the ecu is working fine in mine. im thinking its a sensor input problem and just need to know what sensors affect the isc control before i just go randomly changing sensors.

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

update. changed coolant temp sensor, map sensor, intake air temp sensor, o2 sensor. and isc is still not working. KOEO diagnostics gave code 111, KOER test gave codes 411 and 412 which tells me the isc is not working but doesnt help tell me why. again its not an ecu fault as a known working ecu does the same and this ecu controls the isc on my car. it still has me stumped. any ideas?

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Check and clean earths for the engine.....even add an extra earth to the intake if ya like.
Also, is the gasket OK for the ISCV ????.....just use hi-temp grease on the gasket, don't use glue of any sort.
Does the O2 sensor work ???

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

brand new isc, brand new gasket, brand new o2 sensor so i assume it works, how do you test the o2? there is switch voltage coming from the ecu, would a bad earth cause this?

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

problem fixed thanks to cjh, after your suggestions i pulled the isc off and my mate had put a blanking gasket on while it was playing up, which he failed to tell me about. removed that and put on the proper gasket and all is good now, so i'm guessing but i think it was the o2 sensor that was causing the issue before as the old one (6 months old) rattled when you shook it.

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

So you changed it from one engine to an other and never noticed the gasket? and you had different measured voltage on the same wire between cars and removing a gasket has fixed that.

Am I the only one that can see it?

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

no, the gasket was put on after the last time i had touched the car( a month ago!) so it would idle, he asked me for a temp fix and i forgot all about it. he changed the o2 sensor last week, and i change the intake air temp sensor today. only took off the isc again today

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:53 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
thats the problem, it has no voltage coming from the ecu. but its not an ecu fault as the ecu is working fine in mine. im thinking its a sensor input problem and just need to know what sensors affect the isc control before i just go randomly changing sensors.

the isc gets its 12v from the same source as your coil pack, check the loom...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next