Fordmods Logo

New Valve Springs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: New Valve Springs
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I'm going to be using performance springs a few guys on boosted falcon use them and there's no maching required only $90 from eBay

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
You should be ok with the EL XR6 valve springs as they are already heavy duty. If you do want new ones Crowcams sell the heavy duty springs as well as double valve springs.

GeZza200 wrote:
Hey, yeah its not cheap going for 200rwkw and its not really something you would want to drive around as a daily. It does have the 50 thou oversize ACL kit in it.
Your going to need a bigger cam than the 1521a. Mine is a big billet cam, you need the head ported and more comp. Good flowing exhaust, bigger injectors, better ignition system and the standard ECU doesn't like big cams, even with the J3 chip. I have a Wolf v500 in mine.

Give Paul from CVE Performance a call he will help you get there.

i spoke to paul at cve and when i said i wanted to run a cam around the 1521a size he sugested running heavier springs than the xr6 type ones, he said they rent really much better than the stock ones i suppose. he is great to speak to and will give you his experienced opinions on getting the power you want, but i agree 200 kw naturally aspirated daily would be one hell of a pig to drive lol

Does Paul have an account on here so I can make contact with him? Or would you have an email address or phone number?

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Falcon AUII XR6 HP

Power: 184 rwkw

NSW, Australia

What are the specs of the 1521a cam???

184 rwkw with more to go!

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

1521a
lobe lift: Ex .262 In .262
timing ad: 69-25 22-72
duration @.050: 217 217
valve clr: Hyd Hyd
valve lift: .524 .524
lobe separation: 114
Mid to top end, manual or -
high stall, requires better springs
and modified ECU

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

bry40l wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
the XR6 ones wouldve been good enough in 1997

do they hold the same pressure 15 years later?.......

I was asking about new tickford valve springs when he recomended the other ones.

new xr6 valve springs are actually better than the originals, and alot better than 15 year old worn originals

i fitted new crow xr springs with a 1521a and the car ran fine, a little noisy up high revs, but never had problems, made 157rwkw

1521a isnt a monster cam, dont need doubles.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
Hey, yeah its not cheap going for 200rwkw and its not really something you would want to drive around as a daily. It does have the 50 thou oversize ACL kit in it.
Your going to need a bigger cam than the 1521a. Mine is a big billet cam, you need the head ported and more comp. Good flowing exhaust, bigger injectors, better ignition system and the standard ECU doesn't like big cams, even with the J3 chip. I have a Wolf v500 in mine.

What are the specs of the billet you went with?

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Six wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:

Im not sure what the specs are, CVE don't give too much away about there custom cams. Paul is on boostedfalcon and AFF. You can email him at info@cveperformance.com or 0447 351 460

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
Six wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:

Im not sure what the specs are, CVE don't give too much away about there custom cams. Paul is on boostedfalcon and AFF. You can email him at info@cveperformance.com or 0447 351 460

Cheers mate. What exhaust system are you running at the moment?

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Im running a full 3" system

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Six wrote:
bry40l wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
You should be ok with the EL XR6 valve springs as they are already heavy duty. If you do want new ones Crowcams sell the heavy duty springs as well as double valve springs.

GeZza200 wrote:

i spoke to paul at cve and when i said i wanted to run a cam around the 1521a size he sugested running heavier springs than the xr6 type ones, he said they rent really much better than the stock ones i suppose. he is great to speak to and will give you his experienced opinions on getting the power you want, but i agree 200 kw naturally aspirated daily would be one hell of a pig to drive lol

Does Paul have an account on here so I can make contact with him? Or would you have an email address or phone number?

I am on this forum, but don't frequent it too much. Never any spare time !

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2