Newbie Ford Ef Intake 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: Newbie Ford Ef Intake
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EF Futura

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

Jst bought a Ford Falcon Ef Futura about a week ago. Love the car, drive smooth and very easy to drive. Bought the Ef as a daily to replace my wrx. I jst wanted to try and see if you guys know where i could get my hands on the BA throttle intake. The whole piping from the throttle body to the air box. I've tried heaps and heaps of wreckers but I've only found one place that has it and they want $50 for it. Wht do u guys rekon is that expensive? Oh yeah also purchased a EF XR8 snorkel for it today and already fitted it. I'm also trying to get my hands on some 75mm plastic piping and I'm having quite a bit of trouble with that as well. Any suggestions where to get it..??
I'll post some pics for you guys later.

Thanks in advance.
Btw love the forum.

Post subject: Re: Newbie Ford Ef Intake
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Does that include the airbox? If so I doubt you will find cheaper and I would go for it.

Personally I would just get the first plastic curvy pipe that comes off the ba t/b and then use a 3in steel pipe to the ef airbox...replace the filter with a better quality one if it needs it, and get a bigger snorkel.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

nah unfortunately that doesn't inclube the airbox but i'm not really looking at swapping the airbox anyway. yeah i'll prob grab it tomorrow morning. already replaced the snorkel to wht i think is the biggest bolt on for the ef. but correct me if i'm wrong. yeah don't really wanna spend too much on mandrel bent or steel pipe so that's y I would rather grab the BA throttle intake from the throttle body to airbox but I still want to modifty the outlet piping inside the airbox and tht's where the 75mm piping comes in..? Anyone knows where i could get my hands on some..

Just the mods I wanna achieve with the EF:
Great article from autospeed
http://autospeed.com/cms/A_107828/article.html

And does anyone has any more pics or info of the Bonnet Feed Duct DIY?????

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5spd EF

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

awesome..thks :D
sorry to keep on asking the same question over and over but wht abt the outlet piping from the top of the EF airbox any of u guys have modified these before? is it possible to use the 80mm instead of the 75mm?? looks like a worth doing mod if I can find the piping.

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just get 3in piping and use that, you may have to modify the entry to the airbox though. Any bigger won't have an effect.

Just remember to use a bit of flex pipe somewhere between the t/b and your airbox (obvious I know lol).

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

sweet I'll try and get my hands on the 3inch piping if I can, tried 2d but no luck will keep looking though. don't mind modifying the box but I jst hope tht the 3inch will fit onto or into the BA throttle intake. the BA intake comes with duct which is very similar to flex pipe.. I tried using the search but for some reasons its not working for me at this stage do u guys have any more DIYs on this? thks

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5spd EF

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Had your exhaust done anywhere recently? Only reason I ask is seeing as you're only after a short piece of 3in steel (or alloy) hit up an exhaust place for offcuts/a piece. I don't see them charging much (particularly if you're a customer).

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

I've done the Autospeed thing with my intake. Works a treat. Send me a PM with any questions...

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

yeah i'll see how much they want for the 3inch steel or alloy, I guess a quote can't hurt. thks for all the input guys..i'll have some pics up and running soon. for the time being i'm gonna chase all the parts I need and read up on all the info u guys have kindly sent my way.

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]