Post subject: Re: Next upgrade?
Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
79raven wrote:
"I just had a dyno tune with my Full 3" system with a Varex muffler at the rear, that CVE Performance made and fitted up for me.

Open: 198.9rwkw
Closed: 138.0rwkw

Closed there is a big restriction obviously, but when open there was no power loss what so ever compared to my previous straight through muffler. It actually picked up power, but that may be because of the new injectors I had installed."

Im not sure what I have done to piss you off. There are alot of people interested in these Varex mufflers and there hasn't been much testing on falcons at all...

Not against you dude. I have nothing but respect for you. Im sorry but your figures were just an example I have used in relation to CVE. Im sorry your name got dragged into it mate. You have a nice car and obviously modding flows through your blood. I will stop using you as my example and hope I havent p****d you off too much. It was not my intention to upset you.
Sorry
Raven

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Thats all good, im just not sure why you posted it?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

What he is trying to say is he hates CVE.
Not that he has dealt with CVE or has any first hand experience, however he is armed with a keyboard and a gripe, and today it is CVE's lucky day !

As you know we fudge the dyno figures, when we claimed 200rwkw we went and proved it with a 12 second pass at 110 mph.

I just hope CVE survives this attack :twisted:

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just a bit over hearing about CVE ( and CMS really). There are allot of excellent shops around and its almost got to the point the name instantly gives a car street cred if you know what I mean. Use to be the same as Caslemaine hotrod shop and Hadfield when I was in Vic.
Check this out for a fine example. Small shop that never gets mentioned but is in Vic aswell. Just off a quick search of the web
http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1241

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
Just a bit over hearing about CVE ( and CMS really). There are allot of excellent shops around and its almost got to the point the name instantly gives a car street cred if you know what I mean. Use to be the same as Caslemaine hotrod shop and Hadfield when I was in Vic.
Check this out for a fine example. Small shop that never gets mentioned but is in Vic aswell. Just off a quick search of the web

howcome Jim Mock doesn't get a mention :shock:

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

You here about it because CVE and CMS have the quarter mile and power figures to back up the claims. When people ask where to go or what to do next, I recommend CVE because of my experience. I'm happy to take anyone for a drive in my car. I'm sure they will change there mind about a fudged dyno figure.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:

I will make a big claim here but, ALL businesses, regardless of what type, start small and work their way up. They acquire a handful of customers to begin with, if these customers are happy with the results; dyno, drag, other pissing contest figures, or just general customer service, they will most likely return and hopefully spread the word of good workmanship, thus gaining more customers.

Yes there are probably a few workshops out there who are just as good or better than another, but they are not helping themselves if they don't advertise/market their services to gain more customers.

Sorry 79raven, but you can't just go hating on things because people talk about them and have become "mainstream". Just reminds me of the whole anti-Apple/Android/Windows people who have never used any of their products and go on a rampage.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
79raven wrote:
"I just had a dyno tune with my Full 3" system with a Varex muffler at the rear, that CVE Performance made and fitted up for me.

Closed there is a big restriction obviously, but when open there was no power loss what so ever compared to my previous straight through muffler. It actually picked up power, but that may be because of the new injectors I had installed."

Im not sure what I have done to piss you off. There are alot of people interested in these Varex mufflers and there hasn't been much testing on falcons at all...

Not against you dude. I have nothing but respect for you. Im sorry but your figures were just an example I have used in relation to CVE. Im sorry your name got dragged into it mate. You have a nice car and obviously modding flows through your blood. I will stop using you as my example and hope I havent p****d you off too much. It was not my intention to upset you.
Sorry
Raven

Raven, what it behind these posts, why the sudden attacks on CVE?

What has he done to you to cause these posts.

You drag me and GeZza200 into this and I don't know why.

You are in the Blue Mtns of NSW not in VIC. You are heading down a similar track that you were on a while ago, time for a rethink.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
79raven wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
79raven wrote:

Sorry
Raven

You are in the Blue Mtns of NSW not in VIC. You are heading down a similar track that you were on a while ago, time for a rethink.

I didnt drag anyone into it. All I did was voice my opinion. I said something to you about the 200 rwkw claim from just a ported tickford head after you commented about it. I also have explained to Gezza about my intentions. Im not heading down any path. Its fine for others on here to have a difference of opinion but if its me there is something wrong?
What I am saying is these named tunes shops are getting to the point that all I would have to do is put a sticker naming them on the back of my car to get an extra 30kw.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:

Are you quoting Dry Lake Racers or Moe Engines? If you are quoting Moe Engines then do it properly,
http://www.moeengines.com.au/
These guys have been around since 1984 and if you know High Performance Race Engines you know of them. Their work is for Race related engines not so much for road. Very good company that has built their name over the years. Still do not see your point of attacks.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
SWC wrote:
79raven wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
79raven wrote:

Sorry
Raven

I didnt drag anyone into it. All I did was voice my opinion. I said something to you about the 200 rwkw claim from just a ported tickford head after you commented about it. I also have explained to Gezza about my intentions. Im not heading down any path. Its fine for others on here to have a difference of opinion but if its me there is something wrong?
What I am saying is these named tunes shops are getting to the point that all I would have to do is put a sticker naming them on the back of my car to get an extra 30kw.

f**k you are getting full of s**t again. You did drag others into it and now your are claiming otherwise.

Put a sticker on for 30Kw, get your hand off it.

I will back CMS for their figures and the track times that the cars they work on produce. I have witnessed the time slips as well as the Dyno results. I don't say this about other shops, CVE for example as I personaly have not seen his work firsthand, appears GeZza200 can.

Get your hand off it, you are entitled to your opinion but this is getting out of hand.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
Six wrote:
79raven wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
I have a ported AU XR6 head on mine with a big billet cam. Its making 200rwkw, with more in it. I had mine done at CVE performance. CMS seem to pull some nice numbers aswell.

I have Tickford head/ cam, au injectors, extractor, high flow cat, Lukey high flow air filter, big mouth, 2.5" cat back running off a stock ecu and I reckon I have pulled at least 400
times over my car that is

?

What I am getting at is it must be one big f**k cam to be producing 200rwkw off a "ported AU XR6 " head, known to others as a tickford head. Sounds like either s**t or s**t dyno work to me.
Pauls pushing for 200 with a charger and you got it with a " billet cam" and a port? Looks like you got f**k SWC, should have just cammed and ported it mate lol

Thats all I said in relation to you. How did I drag you into it with that? How am I being full of s**t?

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I made a statement in relation to CVE from what I have been told by a few unnamed customers. CVE made a rebuttal. Done, except its other that have taken it further.
I gave my option about CVE and CMS being used as the bee's knee's. I gave an example of another Vic shop that never gets named that produced even more impressive numbers.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Opinions and points taken. Lets move on before this gets out of hand please.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
SWC wrote:
79raven wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
79raven wrote:

Sorry
Raven

This shows what you know, very, very few cars have the CVE sticker on them. And when they do they are on the front :lol:
If Gez has a cam and a xr6 head and ran 13.8 or whatever on his first time out, well then that makes everyone else look real silly doesn't it, should be many more 13 second E series around !

I don't recall ANY shop CVE , CMS or others claiming to be the bees knees. but as you said before, Thanks for the compliment and I am sure CMS thanks you as well.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next