Fordmods Logo

NF Fairlane exhausts ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: NF Fairlane exhausts ?
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Hey people i just got myself an NF II Fairlane and was wandering how extractors and exhausts are for these type of car ? I mean i would like to put some on but would like to know first if they sound good ? Any advise would be nice thanks

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

Is it a six or eight?

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

Oh and welcome to the forums :)

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

thanks, its a 6

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Will certainly improve the sound, either I6 or V8..
If you got the 6cyl then a 2.5inch mandrel bend exhaust from the cat. back will set you back 250-450 depending on where you go/brand you go/tip you get..
Extractors i feel are around 400-500 altho not sure as never had to get any myself.
If you got the 8cyl, double the prices lol.

You'll find they come in either Stainless Steel (SS) or in Mild steel; Mild Steel should last you a good few years without any hassels and most brands like 'redback' offer a 2 year warranty for the item. The Stainless Steel will last longer and is porberly the way to go if you plan to keep the car for 10years or more..

Exhaust brands that many people seem to go are like Redback, Lukey, and for extractors say Pacemakers etc..

When you goto a reputable gargae that fit exhausts they will give you much info and reccomend some brands/styles..

Generally got the 6cyl you dont need bigger than 2.5" as back pressure will be lost and have a negative result with powerloss, not good.
With a 8 id look at 2.5"-3" for single pipe, and if you got twin pipes which sound horn, go 2x 2" or 2x 2.5".. Only problem is they will have to exit out the one side of the bumper due to where the fuel tank is located.

Installing the exhaust shouldnt take more than an hour and the extractors can vary depending on engine/person doing the job; a day to get it done is ample for a pro however.

Having a Fairlane, the LWB have been known for drone, ie ni wagons more so - when looking at axhausts make sure you do install a resonator as it will certainly aid in keeping the cabin drone to a minimum if not rid of it!

If you plan to lower you car to "superlow" rideheight, ask if they can try and raise the exhaust a little, as this will certainly help you for those speedhumps which are not lowered LWB friendly, just changing to aftermarket helped me with my old fairlane, but having it raised again was very useful.

Hope i was of some help, sorry bout the length! :P

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:17 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

Mate, if you wanna hear what it will sound like check out the sound clips thread: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ound+clips

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]