Fordmods Logo

No electrical thing to activate vacuum release to switch bbm 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: No electrical thing to activate vacuum release to switch bbm
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

My AU motor doesn't have any electrical things for me to connect my ECU bbm switching wires to. There is only the vacuum switch and vacuum hoses?

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:09 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

the vacuum solinoid is on the pasenger side of the car behind the washer bottle on ef/el and au.
the vacuum goes from the manifold to the solinoid then from the solinoid to the diaphram on the front of the manifold...the solinoid has a plug with 2 wires 1 red=12v ignition and a green wire that goes to your ecu
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the vacuum solinoid is on the pasenger side of the car behind the washer bottle on ef/el and au.
the vacuum goes from the manifold to the solinoid then from the solinoid to the diaphram on the front of the manifold...the solinoid has a plug with 2 wires 1 red=12v ignition and a green wire that goes to your ecu

Awesome. I'll get a vacuum solinoid from an AU, i guess.

Okay, now the vacuum lines. There is currently a black small-diameter plastic vacuum line going from the vacuum diaphragm to, from memory, a plastic multi-adapter with around four of these small diameter plastic vacuum hoses into one side. I think there is one line from this to a metal multi-fitting screwed into the end of the bbm. Starting with the basics, from where on the bbm should i source the vacuum from? There is a small diameter port in the outside middle of the bbm, and this feeds into the plastic multi-thing.

Regarding 12v ignition, from where should i source that?

Today i removed and stripped-down the harness in my spare EBII from the ecu plug to the front of the engine bay. Doing this has given me wires and plastic shrouding that i can use, as well as insights into how to pass them through the firewall. Any suggestions as to what wires to use would be appreciated, taking into account length and diameter i guess, and maybe colour too. I'll need to do wires for the thermos and knock sensor too.

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
the vacuum solinoid is on the pasenger side of the car behind the washer bottle on ef/el and au.
the vacuum goes from the manifold to the solinoid then from the solinoid to the diaphram on the front of the manifold...the solinoid has a plug with 2 wires 1 red=12v ignition and a green wire that goes to your ecu

Awesome. I'll get a vacuum solinoid from an AU, i guess.

Okay, now the vacuum lines. There is currently a black small-diameter plastic vacuum line going from the vacuum diaphragm to, from memory, a plastic multi-adapter with around four of these small diameter plastic vacuum hoses into one side. I think there is one line from this to a metal multi-fitting screwed into the end of the bbm. Starting with the basics, from where on the bbm should i source the vacuum from? There is a small diameter port in the outside middle of the bbm, and this feeds into the plastic multi-thing.

Regarding 12v ignition, from where should i source that?

Today i removed and stripped-down the harness in my spare EBII from the ecu plug to the front of the engine bay. Doing this has given me wires and plastic shrouding that i can use, as well as insights into how to pass them through the firewall. Any suggestions as to what wires to use would be appreciated, taking into account length and diameter i guess, and maybe colour too. I'll need to do wires for the thermos and knock sensor too.


you get the vacuum for the solinoid from the vac tree at the rear of the bbm where the brake booster hose goes. there are 3 small ports there. 1 is for the release solinoid, one is for vacuum that goes into the car for heater controls. and the last one is for the fuel pressure reg..

the port on the outside middle of the manifold is for the map sensor on (ef/el manifold)?

i got my 12v ignition for the solinoid from pin 57 on the ecu that way i just ran the wires together through the firewall..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
you get the vacuum for the solinoid from the vac tree at the rear of the bbm where the brake booster hose goes. there are 3 small ports there. 1 is for the release solinoid, one is for vacuum that goes into the car for heater controls. and the last one is for the fuel pressure reg..

the port on the outside middle of the manifold is for the map sensor on (ef/el manifold)?

i got my 12v ignition for the solinoid from pin 57 on the ecu that way i just ran the wires together through the firewall..

Now everything is falling into place.

The car has a green and a black small vacuum hose. I will check, and it will be obvious of course, but from memory the black one goes to the map sensor, and the green one goes into the cabin (for heater controls?).

The upper bbm is EL, so the black vacuum hose running from the middle outer of that should go to my map sensor.

The green hose should plug into the vac tree.

To drum it into my memory, the brake booster hose connects into the largest port on the vac tree, and the remaining small ports on the tree receive the bbm switching diaghram, and the fuel reg is already plumbed into the tree.

Voila.

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

Oh, how do you know which is pin 57? I was trying to work out today how to know the pin numbers as they aren't on the ECU or plug, but couldn't see anything.

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:08 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
you get the vacuum for the solinoid from the vac tree at the rear of the bbm where the brake booster hose goes. there are 3 small ports there. 1 is for the release solinoid, one is for vacuum that goes into the car for heater controls. and the last one is for the fuel pressure reg..

the port on the outside middle of the manifold is for the map sensor on (ef/el manifold)?

i got my 12v ignition for the solinoid from pin 57 on the ecu that way i just ran the wires together through the firewall..

Now everything is falling into place.

The car has a green and a black small vacuum hose. I will check, and it will be obvious of course, but from memory the black one goes to the map sensor, and the green one goes into the cabin (for heater controls?).

The upper bbm is EL, so the black vacuum hose running from the middle outer of that should go to my map sensor.

The green hose should plug into the vac tree.

To drum it into my memory, the brake booster hose connects into the largest port on the vac tree, and the remaining small ports on the tree receive the bbm switching diaghram, and the fuel reg is already plumbed into the tree.

Voila.


on the small vac lines that run into the firewall the green one goes to the heater tap. and the black one is the one that goes to the vacuum tree this suplies vac to the heater controls.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
Oh, how do you know which is pin 57? I was trying to work out today how to know the pin numbers as they aren't on the ECU or plug, but couldn't see anything.


if you have a close look at the ecu plug where the wires go in there are pin numbers next to each wire..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
you get the vacuum for the solinoid from the vac tree at the rear of the bbm where the brake booster hose goes. there are 3 small ports there. 1 is for the release solinoid, one is for vacuum that goes into the car for heater controls. and the last one is for the fuel pressure reg..

the port on the outside middle of the manifold is for the map sensor on (ef/el manifold)?

i got my 12v ignition for the solinoid from pin 57 on the ecu that way i just ran the wires together through the firewall..

[EDITED . . .]

The upper bbm is EL, so the black vacuum hose running from the middle outer of that should go to my map sensor.

...the brake booster hose connects into the largest port on the vac tree,

...the fuel reg is already plumbed into the tree.


on the small vac lines that run into the firewall the green one goes to the heater tap. and the black one is the one that goes to the vacuum tree this suplies vac to the heater controls.

Okay. I can now recall the MAP sensor is a larger rubber-type vacuum hose.

On another point, from what you've said, a vacuum line is needed from the vac tree to the vacuum solinoid on the firewall, then a vacuum line from that to the bbm diaphragm switch.

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:21 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
you get the vacuum for the solinoid from the vac tree at the rear of the bbm where the brake booster hose goes. there are 3 small ports there. 1 is for the release solinoid, one is for vacuum that goes into the car for heater controls. and the last one is for the fuel pressure reg..

the port on the outside middle of the manifold is for the map sensor on (ef/el manifold)?

i got my 12v ignition for the solinoid from pin 57 on the ecu that way i just ran the wires together through the firewall..

[EDITED . . .]

The upper bbm is EL, so the black vacuum hose running from the middle outer of that should go to my map sensor.

...the brake booster hose connects into the largest port on the vac tree,

...the fuel reg is already plumbed into the tree.


on the small vac lines that run into the firewall the green one goes to the heater tap. and the black one is the one that goes to the vacuum tree this suplies vac to the heater controls.

Okay. I can now recall the MAP sensor is a larger rubber-type vacuum hose.

On another point, from what you've said, a vacuum line is needed from the vac tree to the vacuum solinoid on the firewall, then a vacuum line from that to the bbm diaphragm switch.


yes and there should also be a blue/black vac check valve that goes just before the release solinoid between the manifold and solinoid.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1343

Joined: 14th Dec 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

Location: seaspray
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
RD: Okay. I can now recall the MAP sensor is a larger rubber-type vacuum hose.

On another point, from what you've said, a vacuum line is needed from the vac tree to the vacuum solinoid on the firewall, then a vacuum line from that to the bbm diaphragm switch.

T: yes and there should also be a blue/black vac check valve that goes just before the release solinoid between the manifold and solinoid.

Thanks, i'll need to get one of those too.

[btw, my previous post was intended to read ". . . the MAP sensor has a larger rubber-type vacuum hose."]

 

_________________

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names